Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help with RC 7sage community!!

chupacabrachupacabra Member
in General 64 karma
Hey guys,

so i started doing prep tests today and i really need help with RC. I scored a 149 but my LG and LR are doing not bad, still definite room for improvement, but what killed me was my RC i got 7/26 (timed) like WTF!!!!! if i would have gotten 10 more answers correct i could have got a decent score. This is the lowest ive ever scored but i cant have this problem during my October test otherwise its bye bye law school hello becoming a janitor....ok maybe not that drastic but you get the point.

Anyways i really need help with this section obviously and i am looking to you beautiful people to help me out. My biggest issue is definitely timing. I am guessing on average 10 questions each timed section.

Also, i have been hearing about this LSAT trainer. For those who have this, is this better than the method JY teaches? Would anyone recommend this? Do you think i would have enough time to figure out this method before the october LSAT

If you guys have any tips or recommendations for me it would be greatly appreciated

Best Regards
The Chupacabra

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Get the Trainer and decide for yourself. Mike emphasizes reading for reasoning structure, which is IMO the best way to get what you need from the passage.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I would absolutely recommend the Trainer!
  • chupacabrachupacabra Member
    64 karma
    What about timing @nicole.hopkins? Any recommendations?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you're scoring that low this late in the game the first thing you need to do is forget about October and set your sights on December. You'll still have more than enough time to apply everywhere you want to and there will still be plenty of money left on the table. There is little to no money on the table for a 150 in October, regardless of your GPA, unless you're shooting for the type of law schools that shouldn't exist in the first place (e.g.- diploma mills).

Second, pick up a copy of the Trainer. The RC methodology there is more in depth than 7Sage's and will help give you a new perspective. 7Sage's method is great for people who have retention issues, which you probably need to work on if you're scoring that low, but a fresh perspective can definitely help you.

Finally, just to reiterate, you need to relax, take the time to go through the Trainer, and focus on the learning process. The LSAT and law school will still be there when you're ready, but you're just shortchanging yourself and your future prospects by taking the test when you're not remotely ready. Good luck!
    64 karma
    thanks @Pacifico just got the trainer!
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma
    Definitely would recommend the Trainer in terms of giving you a different perspective on how to approach RC. I used to be pretty hit or miss with the RC, scoring around -8 to -11 on the section because I was so focused on reading for content. I recently got to the RC section in the Trainer and it was like something suddenly clicked for me. It taught me how to read for argument structure and since then that's all I could think about when I start an RC section. I'm already seeing drastic improvements, scoring about -3 or so on RC and feeling way more confident about each question. Best of luck!! You got this :)
    64 karma
    thanks @poohbear!
  • SailormercurySailormercury Free Trial Member
    40 karma
    Even though I have nothing to compare it to, seriously the Trainer is a blessing for RC. About a month ago, I started with -9, bombing one passage because the content was so dense but after reading the RC section of the Trainer went -8 and then miraculously -4 on my last two PTs. So def get your hands on the Trainer if you can and also practice as much as possible!