Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to identify mistakes

mes08mes08 Alum Member
in Logic Games 578 karma
In recent PTs (60 onwards), I've been averaging -1 or -2 per LG section and I usually have 1-4 extra minutes after completing all of the games. With that extra time, I try and re-do questions that I think I may have gotten wrong. However, I'm just guessing and I'm trying to figure out a better way of being able to pinpoint exactly where I've made mistakes. Does anyone have advice on this? I would hate to make some mistakes I could've easily fixed, but never identified on test day.

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I was just thinking about this today!
    Typically for LG I have the same issue. I usually get 0 wrong, but there are those instances where I get 1 wrong and I have about 5-8 minutes remaining in time.
    Usually, I go back and I only fully redo the questions where I had a .... nagging feeling that I wasn't completely correct. Or, if you don't want to redo whole questions, I usually have an idea in mind about which questions tend to stump me. Acceptability, no, but..... "which one of these CBT" usually trip me up, so I'll go back and redo those.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 2398 karma
    If you have time, go back to the ones you haven't 100% affirmatively proved as true with a mini-diagram. This is as good a place as any to start. And on these questions, you can take the extra time to disprove the remaining choices as well. This should really increase/max out your level of certainty. Especially on the LG section, you shouldn't be missing any that you are 100% confident in because you should be able to prove every correct answer fairly easily.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    +1 to the advice from @c.janson35 here. Anything you might have answered more on feeling than verification deserves a second look, as do the more difficult substitution questions.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Thanks for the advice; I'll def try that on my next PT!