Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site Maintenance ongoing [Ended]

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited October 2015 in General 12637 karma
Hey guys,

7Sage is undergoing maintenance and you may notice pages occasionally loading slowly. Since a lot of stuff is going on in the background, this will take a while to go through completely. This maintenance will take a few days.

I know that's potentially a long time, I'm sorry. It was either this or a day or two of downtime. :(

If you guys see anything funny during those ~72 hours, feel free to email me about it:
dillon@7sage.com

Here's a cool cat to make up for it:

Comments

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Thanks for maintaining an awesome site and an even bigger thanks for not shutting it down completely during this maintenance.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" said:
    Thanks for maintaining an awesome site and an even bigger thanks for not shutting it down completely during this maintenance.
  • Ddowns0325Ddowns0325 Member
    56 karma
    Quick question what happened to the LG videos on the app?
    12637 karma
    @dexterdowns said:
    Quick question what happened to the LG videos on the app?
    Hmm, let me get my iPad and check that for you. Are you looking at the Android or iOS app?
    56 karma
    iOS app. I tried to watch a video a few days ago and the app would freeze up so I deleted it and re-downloaded it but now the videos are all gone.
    12637 karma
    Thanks, @dexterdowns

I don't see the LG videos either so I think something is up. This is not intended. We'll work on fixing this but no ETA.
    12637 karma
    In the meantime, you can download the Youtube app and see all of the LG videos from the 7Sage Youtube channel:
    56 karma
    Thank you so much! You guys are the bomb.com by the way!!!
    12637 karma
    Love you too. :)
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I was just watching the LG videos on my iPhone... No issues to report
    12637 karma
    Yeah, I just had to restart the app and it was good. I PM'd @dexterdowns to do the same. :)
  • 7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
    298 karma
    Heads up: Site maintenance is starting as of now.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    that is an exceptionally cool cat, @"Dillon A. Wright"
  • Aditi_S.Aditi_S. Alum Member
    27 karma
    Videos are really buffering very slow. Are we going to get extension of 2-3 days of our course period?
  • jakesmitchelljakesmitchell Alum Member
    24 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" when I try to launch the course on the iPhone app it defaults to the proctor. Is this an issue with site maintenance?

Thanks,
    Jake
    12637 karma
    @jakesmitchell said:
    when I try to launch the course on the iPhone app it defaults to the proctor. Is this an issue with site maintenance?
    Hmm, I don't think so. We released an update today so you may want to check into that.
    edited August 2015 12637 karma
    @"Aditi_S." said:
    Videos are really buffering very slow. Are we going to get extension of 2-3 days of our course period?
    Videos are loading fine on my end. Not 100% sure if this is because of maintenance. Can you please try this?:
    http://7sage.com/clear-cache/
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    I'm having trouble with the live videos of people doing PTs, but the other videos work fine.
    12637 karma
    All of them? Can you link me one?
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    I'm having trouble with the live videos of people doing PTs, but the other videos work fine.
    12637 karma
    Hmm, thanks @DumbHollywoodActor
    Looks like those videos are running a little slow right now. Even with my 50gb/s internet they're lagging a bit. Might want to hold off watching those until the maintenance is done. :(
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    I can't access the videos by hitting "next" anymore on my iPhone. Is this due to the maintenance? I can access the videos just fine if I go back to the syllabus and select the video from there.
    12637 karma
    @tanes256 said:
    I can't access the videos by hitting "next" anymore on my iPhone.
    Is the "next" button not there, or does nothing happen when you click next?
    2573 karma
    Nothing happens when I hit the "next" button.
    12637 karma
    @tanes256 said:
    Nothing happens when I hit the "next" button.
    Do you have the update? The app was just updated earlier today/late yesterday.

I just tried it out and it seems to be working for me. What section are you on? I'll try it from where you are.
    2573 karma
    I'm not using the app. Just Safari. A few hours ago it wasn't doing anything. Now if I hit next 3-4 times it will allow me to go to the next video. The first couple times only the bubble appears with the name of the video. I'm on the causation section of the course. Maybe it's just my phone??
    12637 karma
    Yikes, might be. Could be that it's going slow due to maintenance but I'm not 100% sure. If you have a smartphone I'd suggest picking up the app, it's a lot smoother.
    2573 karma
    Yeah I just downloaded the app and tried to log in. As soon as I log in it takes me to the proctor. I can view everything except the course and grader. I'm sorry. This is my first time using the app so I'm trying to figure it out. I thought maybe because I'm not entering the correct password, but it's not giving me an error message. Thanks for your help!
    2573 karma
    Ha! Now I'm locked out because of entering password incorrectly too many times. I'll come back later. I'm not dying to study right now! Lol
    2573 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" im successfully logged into both now! Thank you so much for your help! You guys really go above and beyond!
    12637 karma
    Ah glad you got it to work!! Sorry for the issues.
  • cacrv567cacrv567 Alum Member
    171 karma
    OBSESSED WITH THE MOBILE APP UPDATES <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I would DEFINITELY pay mad money for this app esp with the way the videos play on your ipad/phone now
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14068 karma
    @cacrv567 Yeah I know right? I love it too. @"Alan Cheuk" is very pleased.