Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking Prep Tests Years Later?

ireland.lesley5ireland.lesley5 Core Member
in General 48 karma

Hello! I am back to studying for the LSAT (in April/June) after previously taking it twice. I took it once in 2019 and once in 2021. I was so sure that 2021 was going to be the last time I took the test, I ended up using most of the recent prep tests. Now 3 years later, I have technically already taken a bunch of the most recent prep tests. Have folks experienced this before? Any advice on how to handle? I don't really expect myself to remember prep tests from 3+ years ago so I am wondering if I should just delete my old tests and redo those tests since they are the most like the tests I am studying for. But, I don't want to delete old tests/data if retaking tests I've already taken won't actually be helpful. Any thoughts or experiences from others? Thanks!

Comments

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Live Member
    edited January 31 270 karma

I can't imagine that you would actually remember anything from it enough for it to cause a significant advantage and make the score not an accurate reflection of where your at. Maybe start with deleting 1 or 2, take them, and see how you feel. I'm curious what 7sage's opinion on this is, but I really don't see it being the same as retaking a PT you took 2 months ago, ya know? I also feel like either way, it's much more helpful to retake them (even if you somehow do subconsciously remember answers) then to not take them at all since they are the most similar to the newest tests.