Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't like the new way that scores are graphed in score tracker.

deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
in General 393 karma
Hi guys!

Just a brief comment on the "trends" page of the score tracker.

You recently changed the score tracker so that instead of showing a wide range of scores and graphing your scores within that, it shows your maximum and minimum score as the maxima and minima on that page, and then graphs all other scores within that range.

I don't like this change at all. The reason for this is that it creates an artificial level of volatility in your scores. So, for example, when I graph my last 15 or so scores, the maxima and minima are 173/179. Therefore, with that limit on the graph, a score even decreasing from 178 to 177 (much less 179 to 175) looks like a huge leap, and honestly makes me feel a little bit anxious when I am looking at the page.

A much better way to show the graph would be how you had it before. If you don't like that (which I understand, given that it can be near-impossible to show slight variations in scores) a better way to do it is make the range based on your maximum score+10 (up to 180) and your minimum score-10 (down to whatever the minimum LSAT score is -- 120?).

Otherwise, I feel like it is very easy to lose perspective when you see an "abrupt decline" on the graph from whatever to whatever, which is easy when your range is within only 6 points.

Comments