Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT frustration

Devbot LSATDevbot LSAT Core Member
edited February 29 in General 20 karma

I have been studying for about 8 months, with a very heavy emphasis for the last 3 months. I am beyond frustrated with my lack of improvement and inconsistency. Am I actually just dumb? I have placed a huge emphasis on BR recently, and will continue to do so. But it hasn't seemed to help. I hired a tutor, I have my fingers crossed that it helps but nothing else I have tried seems to. My first diagnostic was a 148 I believe, then I studied my ass off, my last PT before Feb LSAT was a 159 and I was feeling ok about it. Took the test and got a 153. Took another PT a few days ago and got a 155. My goal is to eventually get a 168-172 by next cycle and I am starting to feel like that is not viable for me anymore.

One of the hardest things for me is diagnosing what exactly my issue is. There have been times I will take a PT and get -4 LR, and then my very next test I will get my -11/12 LR. I know my games and RC need work which is the main reason I hired a tutor, but man LR is driving me nuts. I feel like I know what the question is asking, I understand the stimulus, and even in BR I am able to explain away the other answers that I didn't choose, only to find out that I chose incorrectly. Is it even possible for me to get a 160mid or above by the April/June LSAT barring an absolute miracle from God? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Just wanted to see any advice anyone may have. Thanks!

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    edited March 1 990 karma

I hear you. This test makes you question yourself but it’s really about how well you can break down an argument which is a skill set some may have naturally but most need it through studying. If you have tutor a then do share your own self assessment with them and they can guide you better. They can also tailor the lessons to iron out your weak points.

Also, you might have to change your strategy if the current one isn’t working. I might start with taking five, 5 level questions and identify the conclusion and then see why the premises don’t support the conclusion or what you can add to the stimulus to make it better. But don’t solve the question. Just drill the stimulus this way. This has helped me.

You got this.

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    edited March 1 306 karma

I think the test is meant to make you feel this way. I was beat up for it by awhile and felt defeated, took a break for years and came back and did it.

My suggestions:
    1) keep emotional fortitude and acknowledge that this test is designed to f*** with you.
    2) throw your time table out the window. this is about your growth, not fitting with the constraints of an arbitrary time table.
    3) stop trying to learn it all at once, just focus on 1 point increase, or even 1 question increase at first.
    4) keep your goals and efforts on the LSAT secret because a lot tend to tear it down, especially when you are still not able to be strong with #1 on this list.

also make sure you are taking full advantage of the 7Sage curriculum and inputting your test answers into the 7Sage UI so it can analyze what types you need to practice.

Use Khan Academy until you memorize all those answers if you can't afford 7Sage, then buy 7Sage once you've exhausted Khan.

• mayaliddell07mayaliddell07 Core Member
    2 karma

Thank you this helped me a lot!