Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Format (Aug 2024) Study Syllabus

dennycrane-1dennycrane-1 Core Member
in General 6 karma

Hi all, apologies if this question has been asked already (I've looked to no avail),

I'm planning on taking the August 2024 exam (without LG), but so far have been following the old v1 syllabus (I'm still on the CC). It appears a lot has changed with the v2 syllabus. Is v2 specifically tailored to the post-LG exams, or just an "update" to v1? I'm curious about whether it's better to start anew from the beginning of v2, or to continue with v1 and just skip LG sections, or to ignore 7sage's study schedule and blend the two syllabi.

For those of you also in this sort of situation, what are your plans?
Thanks

Comments

• kaitlynaburdickkaitlynaburdick Live Member
    8 karma

I am in the same boat with taking the August LSAT and would also love to know what is best in regards to studying. I am a good bit of ways into the Logical Reasoning section of the v1 syllabus but if working through v2 was highly encouraged, I could be persuaded.

Otherwise, as of right now, I think I will just skip over the logic games section entirely of the v1 syllabus because I do not want to have to work all the way back through the foundations and logical reasoning of v2. However, that does somewhat worry me (at least a little bit) because up until the same point when doing a direct comparison, the v2 syllabus is different. I think blending the two might prove to be a little bit difficult and stressful and I would like to avoid making the process even more stressful (LOL).

• em.jean9em.jean9 Live Member
    6 karma

@kaitlynaburdick said:
    I am in the same boat with taking the August LSAT and would also love to know what is best in regards to studying. I am a good bit of ways into the Logical Reasoning section of the v1 syllabus but if working through v2 was highly encouraged, I could be persuaded.

Otherwise, as of right now, I think I will just skip over the logic games section entirely of the v1 syllabus because I do not want to have to work all the way back through the foundations and logical reasoning of v2. However, that does somewhat worry me (at least a little bit) because up until the same point when doing a direct comparison, the v2 syllabus is different. I think blending the two might prove to be a little bit difficult and stressful and I would like to avoid making the process even more stressful (LOL).

I have this same concern.

• jenkinsbarlow9214250jenkinsbarlow9214250 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

@basket random said:

I also have the same concern.