Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Understanding BR Score

Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
in General 1650 karma
Quick question:

I've taken some PTs since finishing the curriculum and consistently score at 164 but BR in the low 170s. How do I translate this discrepancy into appropriate adjustments to my study habits?

I'm pretty good with LR, often getting only -2 or -3 and having time at the end of sections to look over tough questions. LG is my worst section.. usually score -7 but get between -3 and -0 on BR.

Basically, does my BR score indicate decent fundamentals but a need to focus on timing and staying cool under pressure- especially during LG? Want to be consistently around 170 timed before I sit for the exam.

Thanks!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Mr. Swanson, take that exquisite mustache of yours over here to read this strategy guide that some dude wrote a few months back: http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

Hopefully that helps address your current issues and you'll get into the high 160s, low 170s on your timed PTs on LG improvements alone..

How many PTs have you taken in total? You're definitely in good shape with your BR, now it's just a matter of pushing that up to the mid to high 170s and your timed score should follow after that. You're way ahead of the game if you're already finishing LR early because that is a key determinant in raising your score. It sounds like you have managed to develop good fundamentals without maxing out your LG so that is really a great situation to be in since LG is so much easier to improve than anything else.

Also, if you aren't already doing so, make sure you do your BR on a clean copy of the test so you're not fighting your ego to change your answers. It sounds like you haven't taken too many PTs and are already doing really well, so just keep doing 2-3 PTs a week as you are able and then once you shore up your LG, go back to the analytics and see what few problem areas are left.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I've taken 4 Practice tests. Did some lsat prep before 7sage so I did the curriculum, June 07, then PT36-38. Scores were 161, 163, 164, and 164. I know 4 PTs is a small sample size.. but before 7sage I was doing Powerscore and took like 10 PTs scoring around 155-157. I'm confident my improvements are legit.

Skimmed over your guide, looks like a great strategy that can be realisticly implemented (I feel like the whole 10 copies thing can be overkill). I'll put it to use and hopefully have some great gains to report over the next few weeks
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    *cries* I wish lg were my worst section. If I were you...just drill lgs...eventually you kind of see the light. Not so much with Rc though *sigh*
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    4 PTs is nothing... You should shoot for at least 20 total before the October test if you can do that without burning out. But as I said, you're way ahead of the game and have some solid fundamentals, you just need to practice full timed PTs to get your skills up in that department.