Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best approach to drilling?

mtbell11mtbell11 Core Member
in General 14 karma

I've taken on a new approach of drilling with the timer off so I can take time to understand each question and answer and start to recognize the patterns. The problem is sometimes it takes a while for me to understand a question, and I can be very far off from the target time. Will I get faster with more drilling? Doest anyone else take this approach? or is there a better approach

Comments

• devn2599devn2599 Core Member
    34 karma

I think the best way to drill is to do a variety of drills based on your common errors. If you're currently having a hard time grasping/recognizing key concepts, then what you're doing should be effective. Just make sure that you do not get to the point where you dependent on that extra time.

Blind review is a great way of doing things to make sure you understand the questions. If you do drills with time constraints but blind review before looking at the correct answers, you get the benefit of comparing how you would do with time constraints vs. having unlimited time to understand the question.