Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice! Do I take June or August?

jocelyn7jocelyn7 Core Member
in General 7 karma

I have never sat for the real exam before and really can't decide whether to take June or August. I just took 4 section PrepTest 42, and got a 168 actual with 176 on Blind Review. This is right around where my last 2 prep tests have been.

The breakdown was:
-4 on LG (I didn't get to the fourth game).
-3 on LR (felt good)
-1 on RC
-6 on LR (completely lost focus, spent 3+ minutes on some questions, and didn't make it to several questions)

7sagers, please help – what do you recommend? I'm not sure if I should cut my losses on LG and drop it and just study LR and RC for the August test, or if it's realistic to get to -0 between now and June. I will have much more time to study come summer.

Do I sign up for June? If so, what course of study do you recommend? My goal score is 170 minimum. I suspect I'll have to retake in August no matter what... My dream is an HLS score. Applying this coming fall.

Comments

• hollyrose613hollyrose613 Live Member
    180 karma

Hi! I believe most have said that LG is the most learnable section, so I would try for June and August both - I am not currently aiming for as high of a score as you though, so others in similar situations might have more to say about what course of action you should take

Sidenote, I just had a quick question regarding your -1 for RC. Personally, my struggles have been in RC (getting many of these questions incorrect, but I also have not studied this section too much yet, or know about the best way to study for this section). Seeing you are very successful in this section, do you have any recommendations on how I can improve my RC? Any study tips? Drill types? Readings, etc ? Anything you recommend I would greatly appreciate!