Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requesting Removal of Experimental/Requesting Accommodations

markmywordsmarkmywords Alum Member
in General 292 karma

I posted a PSA that you can request to remove the experimental section of the LSAT as part of your accommodations and got a ton of questions. So here is some basic info that might help:

-Extra time is only one of many accommodations you can request
-For example, you can request to provide your own pencils, own paper, you can get stop/start breaks, use of reading highlighter tool...You can request Beyonce sit in on your test... literally anything. Your letter of support from your provider will just need to elucidate your specific need.
-This process is clearly outlined on LSAC's website. If you're not clear on the process you can call LSAC and have them explain it to you. It's basically a list of requests, backed up by your provider, which usually implies a diagnosis. You input all your paperwork and wait for LSAC to grant or deny your requests. Requests are generally granted if you provide support from your provider.
-LSAC can take forever to get back regarding decision. I got my approval the day before my test, which was stressful and annoying, but LSAC sucks in general so that's to be expected.
-Law schools don't know who has accommodations. Legally LSAC cannot disclose any information regarding accommodations.

Hope that's helpful!

Please consider adding 'accommodations' as a discussion category on 7sage @"David Busis"

Comments

• jaw2dg-1-1-1jaw2dg-1-1-1 Alum Member
    35 karma

I received this accommodation as well as double time. Accommodated Testing appears to be the most stingy with requests regarding extra time. You have to argue for whatever accommodation you want/need. Even with supporting documentation they will be stingy to varying degrees!

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7331 karma

Thanks @markmywords ! We'll take it into consideration as we redo our forum for an upcoming new website!