Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Keep Getting Harder Questions Wrong

abelmarabelmar Core Member

When it comes to LR, I've noticed that I tend to get the higher difficulty questions wrong. I feel as though I have a solid fundamental understanding of the concepts, question types, and methods of thinking, though I still consistently get the more difficult ones wrong. I know it may be a bit ironic since that is the point of higher difficulty questions, though I would like to be able to conquer them before my August LSAT. Any tips?

Comments

• tinacioust-1tinacioust-1 Live Member
    edited July 5 128 karma

Hi! I also still struggle with 5 star questions, but I noticed a lot of improvement once I started doing (1) thorough wrong answer journaling, and (2) attending the LR in Action class. For the WAJ, it is SOO helpful to ID why I eliminate the right AC and choose a wrong AC, it helps me see patterns in mistakes I make. This is difficult to notice unless your journaling your mistakes, especially if the mistakes are less about question types and more about consistent application of the correct strategies/methods! For the LR class - the instructors go through 5 star questions talking through their approach and strategies. When I started the class I consistently missed every question we did together, but I'm now able to get them correct the majority of the time.

After consistently doing both these things, I've started to go miss harder questions way less often. I hope some of it helps you. Good luck you got this!

• abelmarabelmar Core Member
    25 karma

Thank you so much, > @"tinacioust-1" said:

Hi! I also still struggle with 5 star questions, but I noticed a lot of improvement once I started doing (1) thorough wrong answer journaling, and (2) attending the LR in Action class. For the WAJ, it is SOO helpful to ID why I eliminate the right AC and choose a wrong AC, it helps me see patterns in mistakes I make. This is difficult to notice unless your journaling your mistakes, especially if the mistakes are less about question types and more about consistent application of the correct strategies/methods! For the LR class - the instructors go through 5 star questions talking through their approach and strategies. When I started the class I consistently missed every question we did together, but I'm now able to get them correct the majority of the time.

After consistently doing both these things, I've started to go miss harder questions way less often. I hope some of it helps you. Good luck you got this!

This is seriously so helpful, I'll be sure to implement this!! Really appreciate it, good luck to you too :)