Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Older Students?

belleboxerbelleboxer Alum Member
in General 60 karma
I am really enjoying this site and the class I signed up for. I am curious if there are other non traditional students enrolled or on 7Sage such as myself. I’m an older student, 52 years old, considering going to law school…probably sounds crazy to many of you :-) I’d love to connect with fellow non traditional students—I think it would be very supportive and helpful. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @belleboxer Yes!! I am. Lots of us here. I will try to get you a link to a past thread that included many posts on the subject. You will find a lot of support and encouragement here. Go gett'em.
  • ValBerroaValBerroa Alum Member
    edited August 2015 77 karma
    Is never too late. The way things are 80 is new retirement age. So going to Law School in your 50's sounds like a good idea. Welcome. T
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Oh, that's not crazy at all. Best of luck in your studies and future goals. Welcome to the forums.
  • beth.flandersbeth.flanders Alum Member
    212 karma
    @belleboxer I am 52 as well and I've been contemplating law school for a few years now. Many of my friends think that I'm crazy too!. After speaking with a few lawyers, it was suggested that I get a taste of the field by enrolling in a paralegal program before making the leap to law school. I absolutely loved and enjoyed every class then ended up earning a paralegal certificate this past May. So here I am today, a newbie to 7Sage for about a month now, and studying for the LSAT. So I say go for it. And thank you @nye8870 for the link.
  • Help2222Help2222 Member
    240 karma
    I am a fellow older student, 66. I believe that 7Sage will help me to still realize my dream of being a lawyer.
  • belleboxerbelleboxer Alum Member
    60 karma
    Glad to read some of these posts I can't help feel a little embarrassed telling my friends what I'm thinking. I have only told a couple of very close friends. I want to take this one step at a time, first my goal is to just take this LSAT!! But, in the meantime, I would love to find a couple of study partners in Houston...enjoy your weekend everyone
  • cynthiagcynthiag Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    Glad to see I am not alone! At 59, I am currently in my final year of an MPH degree while starting to study for the LSAT and working full time. Life is rich!
  • ravinlal1ravinlal1 Alum Member
    13 karma
    I am 55 and just sent off my younger son to college. Signed up and studying for the LSAT, though I work full time in a very demanding law firm, and care for an elderly parent. I wonder if I will reach the finish line but will die trying rather than give up on my dream. Do not want to end my career as a paralegal so thank you wonderful people out there giving all the encouragement !
  • ellie1991ellie1991 Alum Member
    237 karma
    Excellent motivation! I consider myself an "older" non-traditional student as well, even though I am only 30. However, this is amplified by the fact I've raised my now 10 year old daughter on my own since she was 10 months.
    Welcome to the team, keep up the hard work, reach out and network with others! I'd love to chat with you folks anytime!