Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How should I do this LSAT thing

STArocksSTArocks Core Member
edited August 9 in General 84 karma

help

I'm going through the syllabus and I don't know how I'm supposed to study. Should I perfect each question type before I move on, or should I move and go through the whole thing and then begin focused review.

Sometimes I don't know when it's time to move on.

I hate this test. It's so so hard. T-T

I feel helpless.

Comments

• nicoleegattonicoleegatto Live Member
    46 karma

I think , take practice tests, blind review, see your weakest areas, start by drilling those and reviewing study material on those q types, rinse and repeat.
    i've also found that the live classes and discord groups helpful for community/finding ppl to study with!

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    321 karma

It's OK! It's a really difficult test and I think we've all felt really helpless and defeated and that we're only smart enough for Thomas Cooley Law School at some point in our study journeys. I wouldn't recommend waiting to master each question type one by one because (a) I think that will cause you to hyperfocus and get rusty when you move on to another question type and (b) though the question types are distinct, they're also all related, so I do think some of the improvement on say Necessary Assumption questions comes through strengthening your grip on Main Conclusion and Sufficient Assumption questions.

I think it's also worth considering what your goals are: if you want to go T14, then you probably do want to be aiming for absolute mastery on each of the question types. If you'd be happy going somewhere top 50, you certainly want to be really good at each question type, but getting those 5* questions that just stump the crap out of you aren't necessarily worth the time investment.

Also one thing I'm a big advocate of is taking time away from this test. A week, two weeks, or any amount of time that lets you take your mind off the LSAT and focus on something you love. Read a book! Go enjoy nature in the last few months of summer! But most importantly, take care of yourself.

• spittingnickelsspittingnickels Live Member
    184 karma

@ntrepanier5 Cooley law school, that's hilarious. We've all been there, bombing a PT and thinking 'at least I could still get into widener or cooley"

• MichaelScottMichaelScott Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Thanks for answering, I appreciate it.