Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Gaslighting works for RC - 7Sage Forum

Gaslighting works for RC

karias2895karias2895 Core Member

The biggest piece of advice that I've gotten from countless videos regarding RC, is that you have to pretend like you're interested in the RC passages to do well. I didn't understand why I wasn't doing well because I was highlighting and taking notes, so how could I not understand the passage? But when I got down to answering the questions, I was getting a majority of them wrong. It was extremely discouraging, to say the least.

As soon as I started gaslighting myself into giving a damn about the topics discussed in RC, I started seeing improvement. No highlighting things I think are important, no taking notes that I won't even go back to--just pretending like a topic, that I genuinely do not care about, is something super interesting.

The amount of times I think to myself: "wow, that's cool." "oh, I never knew that, how interesting." is the biggest reason why I'm having to refer to the passages less when answering questions.

Engage with the passage, I promise it'll pay off.

Comments

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    322 karma

100% this.

Eventually too you'll find yourself thinking back on old RC passages and think to yourself "man that was a cool passage" or it'll come up in convo w friends and you'll realize you're actually genuinely finding the stuff interesting. There are a lot of genuinely boring RC articles out there, but I think for naturally curious people like those who want to go to law school, most of the passages can be interesting, it's just the density and intentionally poor writing that can put you off.

Also prolly best to learn how to find things interesting now bc I'm guessing not every single part of law school and practice is absolutely riveting.

• cdot9000cdot9000 Live Member
    140 karma

I read a passage in my head as if im doing story time with 1st graders lol this is v true