Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't Improve Actual Score on Preptests

sesjanzensesjanzen Core Member
in General 10 karma

I feel so discouraged and upset. I've taken 4 preptests lately and keep getting my base actual score of 157. No matter how much I study, practice, and complete wrong answer journals, I keep getting 157. I can get my score to around 163 after blind review, but I'm just so confused and upset that I can't get any higher in my normal attempts. I know 157 isn't the worst score but I was really hoping to do a little better than that. Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, personal experiences, or literally anything that could help me in this context? I am so lost as to what I can do to improve. Any advice, help, or words would be so greatly appreciated. :(

Comments

• venessiakroblesmvenessiakroblesm Live Member
    2 karma

I am super discouraged sitting at a very low 130. Stay positive!

• Aks_ZenMasterAks_ZenMaster Live Member
    37 karma

@sesjanzen Don't be discouraged! I'm in the same boat, have been getting 158 and even 156 a couple times. But I think what has started helping me now is drills of wrong question types. I used to do wrong answer journals and all that, but honestly that didn't help me much. Instead, I started noting which types of questions I am getting wrong on practice tests then started drilling them. For example, if Necessary Assumption, Weaken, and Strengthen are what I missed the most on my PTs, then I'd drill NA and Weaken 1 day from level 2-5 then the next day I'd drill Strengthen from level 2-5. And I wouldn't switch levels until I was getting my 3 question drills all correct 1-2 times. This helped me see patterns and the specific things I was struggling with. Hope this helps!

• Alexandra.WAlexandra.W Core Member
    9 karma

@venessiakroblesm said:
    I am super discouraged sitting at a very low 130. Stay positive!

Girl, I am right there with you. My first PT was a 144, which I was able to bring up to a 149. But just last Thursday I took a practice test and got a 132... Trying to stay positive indeed!