Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving forward :/

harrismeganharrismegan Member
in General 2074 karma
Okkkayyy. So. I just wrote #72 and received a 160, which is on the lower end of my scoring, as I have found I typically score in the mid-160s. The 4th logic game ruined my life haha.

Anyways. Earlier in July I was scoring in the high 160s, but I've since seen a decrease in my score. I also have found I've increased my stress/anxiety when testing a LOT and that really interferes with my ability to stay clam and continue on through the sections when I encounter a tough problem. I think that my problem really lies in a combination of that, and lacking a firm strategy as I'm moving through the exam.

I'm wondering what you think is best moving forward. I do plan to write in October, with the intent of re-writing in December, or just not writing in October at all. I did write last December and received a 155.

My RC is consistently between -8 and -11 with the lowest a -5.
My LR sits between -4 and -6 wrong each section.
My LG is between -2 and 0.

What do you suggest to do at this point? Right now, I think it's too close to game time to really change anything drastically. Should I continue drilling my weaker LR areas (flaw, SA, NA)? Should I focus more on trying to improve my reading comprehension?

Also. I had read on here that sometimes... people just read 3 passages with the most questions and then guess on all the remaining answer choices for the last passage. Is that a good strategy for me moving forward? I know that RC is a big problem for me, so maybe I should focus all of the 35 minutes on making sure I can get 3 passages all correct, and then take a change with the last 5-6 questions in a passage I don't answer?

Thoughts! Thanks. Feeling pretty discouraged, but trying to just push on. I also should mention that my BR average on my last 7 exams has been a 170.

Comments

• Jsohn001Jsohn001 Member
    70 karma
    Wow when I read your post, I was like "That's EXACTLY where I'm at, plan, issue and all". @harrismegan I am also struggling with the how I should go about dealing with RC, whether I should attack 3 or 4 passages. I tend to only have 5-6 minutes left at most when I reach the last passage.

I haven't had any real issues with the logic games, getting on average 0 to -2 wrong. I'm not sure what types of logic games were on that specific PT, but I would definitely drill the ones you bombed on. If you did horribly on a sequence grouping game, for example, I would follow 7sage's approach and just do random sequence grouping games over and over. Get clean copies and just drill, drill, drill. Also, I would suggest drilling some rare games as well.

As for everything else, I would like to know the same!
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @harrismegan, I seriously share your frustration though I have not taken the test yet. But I do study for more than a year.If you do not feel confident enough, you might as well choose December. RC is also my pain in ass. But I would not recommend spending all the time for this first three passages. Mike Kim once said in the trainer. If you are not capable of moving into the forth passage, then you are probably not capable of getting all the questions right in the first three passages. Why don't you take a another PT? Don't let PT72 bother you.
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    Ugh. How the heck do you people do those LG's so fast?? At least half the time I miss more on LG than on RC and both LR sections combined. :( I missed 12 on LG last time and 9 total on the rest. I feel your pain, just in a different area. :p
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I scored about 6 or 7 points below my average! Evil evil test. Don't feel too bad.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    PT72 is NOT the test to allow to derail you. I don't know why it's weird but it is. And by the way ... It is totally 100% fine to take in December. Less than a month out from the test your task is to cultivate mindset and confidence and self care. And to deal with/manage stress. It sounds like you don't feel confident enough in your prep to complete that mental/emotional task and that is TOTALLY OK. You have options. There is hope. Take care.
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    I'm dying to take test PT72 now out of masochism.
  • Luluc1234Luluc1234 Alum Member
    150 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    I'm wondering what you think is best moving forward.
    I think you sound very frustrating. LSAT is really nothing much in the grand scheme of things. Going to law school is not an end in itself. Life is so much more than just an exam and which law schools we end up attending. Take care of yourself! It does not matter when you take the test, or what people say. Trust yourself in making the decision you would be most comfortable with.