Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New plans for June BR Group & Unified BR Group moving forward

Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in Study Groups 4344 karma
Hey folks—

Seeing how almost all of the participants in the June BR Group have defected (wisely) to September, we are going to be merging the BR Groups and doing away with the month designations all together.

Moving forward, there will be ONE BR GROUP TO RULE THEM ALL. A unified and delightful congregation of folks.

The next 3 weeks will have guided BR calls with Jimmy, each Saturday at 8pm ET. I propose that those weeks cover PT's 69, 70, and 71. If there is participation and interest in having BR calls on these later tests, we will continue covering the 70's up until the June test.

Meanwhile, the new unified BR Group will start holding regular session in a couple of weeks. Folks have already been discussing the schedule, and I encourage everyone who is taking the test, whether June, Sept, or thereafter, to join in on this group.

Please voice your enthusiasm or concern in this poll and/or in the comments below.
Unifying BR Group
  1. If you're a June taker, are you OK with a merged group moving forward?16 votes
    1. Yes, brilliant
      81.25%
    2. No, awful
      18.75%
  2. Are you interested in doing later PT's (69 and on) on Saturdays leading up to the June test?16 votes
    1. Yes
      75.00%
    2. No
      25.00%

Comments

• johnz333johnz333 Member
    101 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" just to clarify, will it now just be the Saturday BR calls until the new BR group starts up? (as in not the Tuesday and Thursday calls?)
  • Fish0701Fish0701 Member
    133 karma
    Why have so many students "wisely" defected to the September test? Or did they just switch BR groups and are still taking the June test?
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    edited April 2016 1018 karma
    @Fish0701 said:
    Why have so many students "wisely" defected to the September test? Or did they just switch BR groups and are still taking the June test?
    I know a couple of us are still taking June but stopped hopping on the calls since no one was showing up.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @Fish0701 A lot of people just realized they weren't going to be quite ready for June and delayed their test until September. You only get three shots at it, so it's important to make them count.
  • S.P. 170S.P. 170 Alum Member
    188 karma
    @Can't get right:

>You only get three shots at it, so it's important to make them count.

It was my understanding that you can take the test as many times as you like, but not exceeding three times in two years. Am I wrong?
    27809 karma
    That's correct. For most people, waiting an extra two years isn't a viable option though, which effectively limits them to three takes.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"S.P. 170" said:
    It was my understanding that you can take the test as many times as you like, but not exceeding three times in two years. Am I wrong?
    Plus to add to what @"Cant Get Right" shared many schools dont like over 3 attempts, in fact, some appear to get a tad concerned over 3 takes. Although it is a bit of a different world current as there is such a demand for students, but even that slowly seems to be changing. Its still better to not waste your time, and just be prepared the first time you take it and use the retakes for if something crazy happens and you didnt reach your target score.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"S.P. 170" said:
    It was my understanding that you can take the test as many times as you like, but not exceeding three times in two years.
    Absolutely not. The 4th takes and beyond require special appeal to LSAC and schools do NOT like to see more than 3 takes.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    In the past, BR schedules were incremental starting at PT36 through the most current available based on a specific target test date. LSAC is constantly changing their emphasis throughout the years and the Sages recommend being able to adapt to the ever changing emphasis/challenges presented within all of the PT materials available. The Sept group is starting with a non-sequential BR schedule that will allow anyone at any point in their studies to jump into PT phase - this is a very promising model to provide a continuous evolution of BR call participants that is not dependent on a specific test date.
    4344 karma
    @twssmith said:
    The Sept group is starting with a non-sequential BR schedule that will allow anyone at any point in their studies to jump into PT phase - this is a very promising model to provide a continuous evolution of BR call participants that is not dependent on a specific test date.
    Tyler for the win with this excellent analysis!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited April 2016 5120 karma
    For anyone still planning on June, please post so we can get everyone's input on what works best moving forward.

We have been given the 7Sage gift of "Sage tutored BR Saturday night calls" thru May! Anyone that is planning on June take or looking at BRing the PT69+ tests with a Sage guiding the BR call, join us on Sat 8pm EST for PT 69:)
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I'll be joining on Saturdays
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    I'll be there on Saturdays
  • johnz333johnz333 Member
    101 karma
    I'll be there Saturdays as well!
    4344 karma
    YAY!
    1018 karma
    @twssmith said:
    BRing the PT69+ tests with a Sage guiding the BR call
    You guys are the best :') I'll be there!
  • CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    edited April 2016 476 karma
    I plan to take the September test

My greatest concern is still the timing. Is Saturday 8 ET the time for all future BR group meetings? If so, then it is NOT going to work for me at all (4 AM in the morning my time is just devastating). I can do 9 ET at best (5 AM my time) and I wonder if that's possible.

I have said it several times... I really wish to participate and would like to know if there is ever going to be a time that will work for me.

And one more concern is that, although it is great to have mixed PTs, I don't think it is wise to cover ALL late PTs for September LSAT so early (i.e. before June test), but that seems like what is likely to happen.
    @CocoZhang said:
    And one more concern is that, although it is great to have mixed PTs, I don't think it is wise to cover ALL late PTs for September LSAT so early (i.e. before June test), but that seems like what is likely to happen.
    The calls going over the late PTs these next few weeks are targeted for the June test-takers. However, anyone in the PT phase is welcome to join, of course. September peeps will be going over all these PTs at a later date.
    476 karma
    @Micaela_OVO

Thanks for you clarification. So does that mean that, before June test, there is no specific BR group for September test takers? Instead, September test takers will just jump in on these more recent PTs whenever they want?
    @CocoZhang said:
    there is no specific BR group for September test takers? Instead, September test takers will just jump in on these more recent PTs whenever they want?
    Correct, no specific group. They're working to unify all the BR groups so there isn't a "June/September/December" distinction. September takers can start joining the BR calls whenever they want.

edited April 2016 476 karma
    @Micaela_OVO

Oh okay, I think that is exactly what my concern is about. So for September test takers who want to start PTing before June test and follow the BR group schedule, they have no choice but going through all the most recent PTs. Otherwise, they will have to do some PT on their own and BR without the group.
    27809 karma
    @CocoZhang The new group is going to be getting started in a couple of weeks. We're finalizing the schedule now. The difference will be that it won't be called the "September" group. It's just going to be THE group and it will continually cycle through the tests and people can jump in whenever they like for whatever test they're aiming for.

Update soon I promise!
    1018 karma
    @CocoZhang
    Not exactly. The unified group with the mixed PTs won't start for a couple weeks, but it does look like it will get going before the June exam.
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    the new unified BR Group will start holding regular session in a couple of weeks. Folks have already been discussing the schedule, and I encourage everyone who is taking the test, whether June, Sept, or thereafter, to join in on this group.
    476 karma
    @"Cant Get Right"

Yeah, I think a schedule of, say, PT 40, PT 70, PT 55, PT 41, PT 71, PT 56... can be great and easy for people to jump in.

I hope the new schedule will work for me... Well I knew that I have been stressing this to you several times, so I'm going to stop >_<|||. Looking forward to some good news on the schedule for the new BR group then.
    476 karma
    @Micaela_OVO

Yeah I saw that and got confused... I think now I understand the situation. Thanks :D