Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review of Games

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
Quick Question: After I watch the video for the game why keep doing it? Is it not just memorization, not actual learning?

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Logic Games are a habit. Doing them over and over again re-inforces good habits and increases speed.

Also, there are many genetic twin games out there that make the same inferences. If you have those memorized, more power to you.

There are usually 2-3 relatively easy games per section. If you are able to burn through those games, you are in better shape to take down the weird 1-2 games.

I actually compiled a giant folder of games and would try to drill 3--4 games per day. Doing it that way, I could a go 6 weeks between seeing the same game. I’ve been doing that for 6 months, on and off. It’s starting to pay off. My past 2 PTs, I’ve finished LG with at least 5 minutes to spare, both -0.

In short, if you have the time, foolproof your games.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    Also, there are many genetic twin games out there that make the same inferences. If you have those memorized, more power to you.
    This is a big part of LG success in my opinion. If every game was completely unique then perhaps it wouldn't be so important, but due to the limited scope contained within the base grouping and sequencing models, there is so much depth to what you can learn about the dynamics of logic games. Getting the feel for games is all about developing the intuition from one game to help you in similar situations. Especially in situations where brute forcing is required, developing a sense of how pieces are operating within the game can help you to target better candidates for brute forcing and it's really just something you develop like muscle memory by doing as many games as possible, as many times as possible. Even if you get a game down under 5 minutes, there is likely still something it can teach you a week or a month later when you return to it.
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    Memorizing games will help you make inferences and go faster on games you do in the future
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    My past 2 PTs, I’ve finished LG with at least 5 minutes to spare, both -0.
    Holy shit. Your LG game tops mine, Dave! Why have you been hiding this from me ???!
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @nicole.hopkins It surprised me too. In truth, they were both sinfully easy LG sections. I was worried that I had missed something, but luckily, I had the extra time to re-read and make sure. When I do PT 52 (which I know has a particularly difficult game) this week, I can put it to the test.

I wish I could say the same for LR, still slow as molasses.