Losing Hope - found a solution!

newyorktimesnewyorktimes Alum Member
edited September 2015 in October 2015 LSAT 58 karma
Hi All,

I've been studying for almost a year now on and off with a full time job and have finally reached the mid - high 160s. The past 10+ PTs (60s) I've been scoring around 165 - I am STILL having trouble finishing the last passage on RC (mainly guessing after reading) and miss at least 2-3 questions on LR (NA, PSA, and FLAW). BR is consistently in the 170s.

For the Oct LSAT, Should I be drilling LR / RC before completing the last 4 PTs (68-71)? Or just go straight in to the exams and BR? I wish there was more time. I am a splitter and really need the 170. I'm really losing hope after plateauing and not being able to finish all the questions in time.

Looking for some feedback on anyone who has been / or is in the same situation. I've booked off work until the exam so I'm hoping to squeeze as many points out of the last 2 weeks of prep that I can.

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• newyorktimesnewyorktimes Alum Member
    58 karma
    Hey guys just wanted to update, since my post I've drilled flaw and went back to read the Trainer and Manhattan LR book right after my BR, and today I finally got a 170!!! Might be a little luck but I realized I really needed to focus on drilling my weak points and going back to the basics of identifying the gaps in the arguments, looking for key points in RC, and skipping skipping skipping (most important thing) hard questions and passages to not waste time (previously went in order). I saw a bunch of threads about what to do in the last 2weeks, definitely keep working on it, hopefully it keeps working for me too!

Good luck
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Thanks. Keep up the good work.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @newyorktimes said:
    , and today I finally got a 170!!!
    Wow congratulations! Good luck for the October exam, hope you can replicate that 170. Hard work pays off.