Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Practice Style

Bret CypelBret Cypel Alum Member
edited December 2013 in General 122 karma
Dear 7sagers,

Okay... so, I have been studying the LSAT for exactly one year and one week! Anyway, I have done much study. I have a 10 pound binder with notes of every single 7sage LSAT lesson. I also have a stack of note cards to quiz me on every aspect of conditional logic and argument flaws. I have also bought books on conditional logic and have studied them on the side. After a year of study, I have improved my baseline timed score from a 148 to a 162 and a baseline BR score from a 168 to a 175.

Originally, when I took the PrepTests, I would take an LSAT timed, and then retake the entire LSAT as BR. Then, I would review my answers. However, I noticed by the time I checked my answers, I no longer remembered the train of thought that I had for each question. So, if I got one wrong, I didn't really remember the faulty train of logic that led to my wrong conclusion.

To counteract this, I have started taking LSATs one question at a time! I first do the question timed (I find out how much time per section I have for each question... usually on Logical Reasoning sections, I have about 1:20 to finish each question). Then, right after I take the question timed, I do a blind review if I feel like I need to. Then, I check the answer. This way, I know exactly what I was thinking if I got the question right/wrong and how to improve upon it.

Don't get me wrong, I still take full-length timed LSATs. But, I have been using this method to change things up, and to supplement JY's method. Let me know if this makes sense to you! If it does, I recommend trying it!

*I also recommend taking a full-timed LSAT then checking the answer to each question after you BR them individually. This way, your BR train of thought is still in your head when you see the answer.

I wish you luck!

Happy Holidays!,

Bret

Comments

• XiyuanXiyuan Alum Member
    20 karma
    Wow, that's great improvement!! I was curious how much time it took you to review one PT when you combined BR with your own method? Any more info about your studying processes would be very helpful too! Thanks for sharing your experiences!! Happy Holidays to you too!
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Great improvement. Keep up the good work.
  • Bret CypelBret Cypel Alum Member
    122 karma
    Hi Yihan,

I can finish an LSAT from anywhere between 1 to 2 weeks with my current review method. :)

Happy Holidays to you too... and thanks!