Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameday Tips for October!

Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
in General 578 karma
At this point, all the improvement you have made is pretty much what it will be on test day. That is, there is not significant time to learn core concepts and strategies that you've not already gone over. So just a few gameday tips:

-Focus on timing and endurance right now. If you're not already doing 5 section PTs, you're doing yourself a disservice on test day. Do those this week. Hell, do 6 sections. It will prepare you to endure the rigor on test day. Believe me, on that last section you're ready to go home, so you will need to call on the perseverance you've practiced.

-Be prepared to do 3 LR sections, or 2 RC sections, or 2 Games sections. Whichever your worst section is, get ready to do it as the experimental. And they could be back to back, mixed up, anything. Prepare for the worst possible scenario. For me, it was the worst possible scenario on test day.

-Eat CARBS. Some of you may be on diets that minimize carb intake, but for the purposes of the LSAT this is a mistake. The brain needs a supply of glucose to function well, and if it is immediately available from a carbohydrate source, you'll be just a bit more ready to handle the deluge of questions. I recommend a complex carb source like whole wheat bread or brown rice. Do not (I repeat) do not eat sweets before/during the test.

-SLEEP well before the test. This may be easier said than done. I have prescription sleep meds, so I was able to get 8.5 hrs on test day, but if you don't have that luxury, you might look into other relaxation tactics to ensure adequate sleep.

-Caffeine - go a little bit above your normal levels. You want to be primed for the test, but not overly caffeinated to the point that you lose concentration and get a headache.

-Don't drink too much, but drink enough that you won't be parched. You get one bathroom break, and it's usually pretty quick. Do everything you can in the bathroom before the test starts.

-Visit the testing center, walk around, get comfortable. Make sure you can get there on test day, and show up a little early if possible.

-Don't try to do anything you didn't practice, like new strategies, or use highlighters, use erasers not tacked to the ends of pencils, etc. You want all those routines on autopilot on test day.

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck on the test, and maybe I'll see you at UT/UH in the Fall! I also cannot wait until they release the PT for this test. Sounds silly, but I look forward to taking it.

Comments