Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hoodies on test day?

NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
edited September 2015 in General 1654 karma
LSAC's policy on hoodies is unclear. They claim that "hats/hoods (except religious apparel) may not be worn on the head," but they don't address whether or not one can wear a hoodie and not put on the hood. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
@Pacifico
@"Dr. Yamata"
@nicole.hopkins

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I wore a sweater/hoodie.
    In any case, if you come prepared with one and they tell you you can't wear it, then fine. But it's better to be prepared and warm than not prepared and cold.
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    edited September 2015 181 karma
    When I wrote the test last year I wore a hoodie and so did others at my test center. It was a non issue. Although the Canadian winters are pretty cold so maybe that's why they expected people to be walking in all bundled up.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I was told that you can't wear hoodies, but several people in my testing center wore hoodies and none of the proctors said anything about them.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @sean.marz said:
    Although the Canadian winters are pretty cold so maybe that's why they expected people to be walking in all bundled up.
    haha truth. Being told no sweaters/warm clothes in Canada is not okay.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    It sounds like LSAC only prohibits the wearing the hood, not the actual sweatshirt.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    If you don't want any chance of not being able to wear your jacket, then wear a jacket without a hood. But if having to take it off isn't that big of a deal, then take the plunge!
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    If you don't want any chance of not being able to wear your jacket, then wear a jacket without a hood. But if having to take it off isn't that big of a deal, then take the plunge!
    I just want to be as comfortable as possible and I'm most comfortable in a hoody.
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    edited September 2015 181 karma
    Quick aside, I love lululemon hoodies, they're my jam. Buuuuuut maybe now I can justify to the wifey that I need a lulu sweater because there's the possibility that a hoodie is not aloud during the test! Wouldn't want to take the risk! :P
  • MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I'm pretty sure I wore a hoodie and was fine, just don't put the hood up like others have mentioned

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yeah pretty sure the issue is just the actual hood - they want to be able to clearly see your face (in case you're looking at others' tests and such). A hoodie is fine, just can't wear the hood (or any other hat or head covering, except for religious reasons)