Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test center issue: JFK Univ Law school

lschoolgolschoolgo Member
edited October 2015 in General 274 karma
Just visited the test center JFK Law school in Bay area where i plan to take the Dec test.
The test takers are taking test packed like Sardines next to each other. There is barely 3inch separating two individuals.

Anyone experienced this or any recourse for this?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    No but I was taking the test next to several ants today... Some of whom I had to kill because they were trying to mark up my answer sheet... Aside from them I had plenty of room...
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    If that's going to bother you then you might want to switch to a different test center. This site has reviews of test centers: http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    On top of the anxiety I'm likely to feel, my personal space issues would lead to an episode of freaking out in this situation.
  • lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    274 karma
    it's supposed to be the best center in the area, but it looked awful. can't take in that little space.

anyone take the test at JFK law?
    @"GSU Hopeful" said:
    On top of the anxiety I'm likely to feel, my personal space issues would lead to an episode of freaking out in this situation.
  • enzonabievenzonabiev Member
    44 karma
    I don't know why you say that because I took my lsat in June at JFK and the tables were amazing as far as space. It was just one huge table instead little tiny tables for each student. How do you know there was no space if you didn't take the test?
    edited October 2015 274 karma
    i also took a test at JFK before and then they had seated 1 per desk. today they had seated multiple people at 1 desk and desks were not apart. one could see it through the door and during the break. such seating would be a big distraction with next person so close.
    @enzonabiev said:
    I don't know why you say that because I took my lsat in June at JFK and the tables were amazing as far as space. It was just one huge table instead little tiny tables for each student. How do you know there was no space if you didn't take the test?
  • enzonabievenzonabiev Member
    44 karma
    I don't know for me I rather have that then they taking it on a little college desk where you don't have space for anything other than the test and a pencil.
  • I had the same experience at Saddleback College in Southern California today. When I took the test at La Sierra University in Riverside in June, I had tons of space, at a table, with my closest neighbor about 4 ft on either side of me. Today, I was in a typical classroom with those tiny ass desks with barely enough room for me to work . I had to fold my test booklet in half so that I had room for my scantron answer sheet. I had a dude in front of me that every time he moved would screw up my writing during the writing sample and the girl behind me had the worst breath imaginable. It smelled like 15 kinds of ass. Rant over.
    8021 karma
    Please file a complaint with LSAC that includes the phrase "15 kinds of ass" and then upload their overly formal response...
  • beth.flandersbeth.flanders Alum Member
    212 karma
    For the sake of future LSAT testers, like myself, please @the_force_is_strong_with_this_one include in the complaint that proctors should have breath mints available for distribution.
    edited October 2015 274 karma
    that's what freaks me about sitting so close to people on such an important test.

any slight noise, the guy sitting next erasing/diagramming aggressively, mumbling, any breathing noise, fidgeting, tapping, general movements can continuously break one's concentration
    @"the_force_is_strong_with_this_one" said:
    I had the same experience at Saddleback College in Southern California today. When I took the test at La Sierra University in Riverside in June, I had tons of space, at a table, with my closest neighbor about 4 ft on either side of me. Today, I was in a typical classroom with those tiny ass desks with barely enough room for me to work . I had to fold my test booklet in half so that I had room for my scantron answer sheet. I had a dude in front of me that every time he moved would screw up my writing during the writing sample and the girl behind me had the worst breath imaginable. It smelled like 15 kinds of ass. Rant over.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2015 7468 karma
    This is a very common complaint after a test administration and is why I do my retake tests at Starbucks. I put my earbuds in to hear the proctor app, but it's still very distractions. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
    8021 karma
    Just borrow a screaming baby from someone... Test day will be a breeze compared to that... Especially if you have to use your finger as a pacifier for an entire RC section...