Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a reading comp guide similar to this for games

jmac800jmac800 Member
in General 94 karma
http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

I found this useful for games, is there some post or thing similar for reading comprehension?

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Some of this advice may help you out:

http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/3278/how-to-improve-reading-speed-on-rc

Also, I've written this about RC in the past, and it sort of answers your question:

There really is no secret formula to acing the RC section, and I would guess that most of the advice hinges on the same stuff mixed in with some new terminology so that it feels fresh. RC boils down to understanding what you read, that's it. No scale or trademarked terminology can substitute for a lot of practice. Read each paragraph on its own terms, summarize what you've read, predict what you anticipate the author will talk about next, and then relate the paragraph and its main point to the main point of the passage as a whole. Note the authors opinion throughout, no matter how subtle, and how the argument progresses. Ask yourself, "why is the author taking the time to tell me about this? Why is it important to him or her? And why is this important to me?" A good exercise to help develop this mindset is, after you've read a passage while drilling, pretend you have to teach the passage to someone who hasn't read it, and do so without looking back to the passage to just read important lines. Describe the passage on your own terms, because if you can't speak about the passage without referring back to it, then you really didn't comprehend it all that much. You'll see how this forces you to really sort out what's important, what's the main point, and how the author feels, all while not getting too bogged
    down in the details.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I subscribe to the getting out of your head approach to RC and just focus on LR. The better you get at developing your argument/reasoning structure recognition skills the better you will get at RC without having to put in direct effort.

If you still want more direct help then pick up The Trainer and that should help.