Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to BR preptests

pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
in General 477 karma
Are you getting a clean copy of the preptest to BR the entire preptest ? Or are you just doing the problems you thought you may have gotten wrong ?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Clean copy always! Full test BR is probably ideal but all circled questions at a minimum.
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    477 karma
    Oh boy I have not been getting a clean copy thus far !!! Soo much paper :-(
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You can make up for it by buying some seeds or seedlings to plant some trees if you actually feel that bad about it... Or just print double sided... Or just get PDFs and do the clean copy BR on an alternate copy of the PDF on your computer... I do that and just use notation tools to cross out and circle answers on LR/RC...

To me, clean copy BR doesn't matter in LG since the answers can all be proved 100% even if it has to be trial & error brute forcing. So there is no fight against the ego there. After I finish a PT I go back immediately and BR LG if there was anything that bothered me.
  • LeoA1994LeoA1994 Member
    77 karma
    Hmm now I'm a bit confused, why would you need a clean copy to BR? Wouldn't you just go back through the test / section after you finished it, and then go through the ones you circled again (just untimed)

I don't see why you would need a clean copy, as you would have to refer back to your original everytime to see which ones you cicled
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    477 karma
    I had seen an earlier comment by pacifico hence posted this question. I think the clean copy is to avoid any biases , see how you think in absence of pressure vs in presence of it.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @LeoA1994 said:
    Hmm now I'm a bit confused, why would you need a clean copy to BR? Wouldn't you just go back through the test / section after you finished it, and then go through the ones you circled again (just untimed)

I don't see why you would need a clean copy, as you would have to refer back to your original everytime to see which ones you cicled
    The clean copy is to help shut down your ego. You don't need to refer back to anything. Simply take a blank sheet of paper, make 4 columns (one for each section). Then go through the test and just record the numbers of the questions that you circled in their respective columns. Then use that as an answer sheet for your BR. Put away your scantron while you do clean copy BR. One thing I like to do after I finish BR is then compare my answers and I put a check mark next to the answers I kept the same, and I put a little triangle (as a delta symbol) to indicate that I changed the answer.

Then I can quickly type in my timed score on the analytics straight from the Scantron. Then I go back to my sheet with the BR answers and go enter those and then get my scores.
  • LeoA1994LeoA1994 Member
    77 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    The clean copy is to help shut down your ego.
    Ahh now I see, this makes much more sense. Thanks!
  • Anthony LAnthony L Alum Member
    53 karma
    Grateful for these answers. Thanks.