Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

general PT'ing question

jrkovalsjrkovals Alum Member
edited February 2014 in General 183 karma
as a general rule of thumb, what do you guys do regrading watching video explanations after a PT? I know you watch videos you missed on BR. What about the ones you changed and got right under BR or the ones you didn't have time to get to but got correct? In the interest of time you think its okay to not watch those videos... I know the BR instructions says we don't need watch those videos, but the little cursor msg in the PT thing says that I should sometimes lol

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I don't have access to videos so I can't comment about the videos. But for review in general, besides going over the incorrect answers, you should review the ones you had doubts about, even if they were correct.

The questions you were confident about and got right need not be reviewed. I'm sure it does help to reaffirm your thought process. But better to invest that time in weaker areas.
  • Ruby SohoRuby Soho Core Member
    106 karma
    I like to go over all of the videos sometimes you can learn tips...or realize you got the question right for the wrong reason.
  • Jaguar007Jaguar007 Free Trial Member
    114 karma
    I go over all the videos because I see a better reason why I chose the right answer than the reason in my head and it is useful put in the time don't skip it ! they are very useful.

Skip the videos that are beyond obvious that the right answer was right such as Q 1 - 5 if you want.
  • jrkovalsjrkovals Alum Member
    edited February 2014 183 karma
    yeah i feel you guys. It prob is a personal thing beyond the directions explicitly dictated in the BR instructional videos. While i think watching all videos could not hurt. I kind of work off the principle Jy said in the very beginning in that you do enough questions so as to that if you chose a correct answer not necessarily for the same reasons he gives in the video, solidifying of the correct reasoning will be weeded out with the repetition of questions. So i believe its somewhat subjective. Gaining insight as to what lead you down a wrong is wholly insightful. But i think a medium can be met between watching videos that don't have a direct benefit in terms of learning ( obviously there is some benefit to watching these questions; but these would be questions you feel you confidently chose in BR and got right during timed conditions )and repeatedly putting yourself in the testing situation (re taking more prep tests). at the end of the day i'm trying to take as many PTs as possible and given the constraints of time and demands from other aspects life i'm trying to be as thorough and efficient as possible so as as to take as many of these PTs as possible. I'm in the beginning of PT'ing though, so i might find your method is better than the one i'm talking about. Thanks for the insight though. Out of curiosity, how do you handle missed qs w/ in RC. Do you watch the passage video and the video for all the questions? or do u tailor to the passage video and specific q's w/in questions video?

Best,

Jake