Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February LSAT outcomes, thoughts, etc.

2»

Comments

• iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    PT 71 LG seems a joke compared to the Feb's section.
  • jamiewong107jamiewong107 Alum Member
    47 karma
    TTS... Agree! Child's play!
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    JY, the fundamentals are all the same. The skill set you provided us with was more than enough to get a -0 on the game set, INCLUDING the circular game. I studied with 7sage exclusively and only watched one of your circular videos and was able to answer all the questions on time (although it definitely was not an easy game even if one were trained with circular sequencing).
  • slunceto_mnmslunceto_mnm Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    JY, a huge thank you. I feel like i learned more from you than i have from any other lsat prep source. It is funny how I kept hearing your voice in my head as I worked through the games. Very comforting feeling in a way :)
    I feel as if I bombed the LG section yesterday. I dont know why. I felt as though the games were not straight forward at all. As if they required stopping and figuring out the way, not necessarily utilizing skills you have helped us hone on. You kept saying that there are no "new" games, it is all the same with little tweaks. As i kept practicing, I could see what you meant. I usually get no more than 2-3 wrong on the whole LG section (with consistency). I went into the test very confident yesterday. Left the testing center very defeated after.
    I am scared to see the results.
  • josemartinez725josemartinez725 Free Trial Member
    52 karma
    Eww, Powerscore. Read it twice, and felt as though I didn't take away anything I didn't already know from taking my first preptest completely on my own devices. They really over complicate pretty much everything they attempt to teach.
  • lahuluno694lahuluno694 Alum Member
    3 karma
    I think the table LG wasn't actually that difficult. The 3rd LG was a bit time consuming when I first read it. So I decided to skip it and do the last game first. Then I realized it was just more time-consuming so I went back to do the 3rd game. And I had a normal 7-8 mins to do the last game and I think I got the setting right and had enough time to go through the answer choices.
    I didn't do well on my PT of the October LSAT on Friday and got really upset. But I was able to finish all the 5 sections in time with a clear mind of what I was doing. I don't really care about the score for now and I am simply grateful to 7Sage for all the helpful lessons and video explanations. The in-and-out setting method taught here really helps me with the grouping games, which I didn't learn from other places.
    Hopefully no matter how we did in the February LSAT, the curve will do us justice. Good luck to all!
  • sugelstadsugelstad Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    All of you saying you usually miss about 0-3 on the entire logic games sections, I'm just curious what your average raw score is.

I would have to say that I think I got the circular game fairly easily but since I skipped the 3rd game I didn't really have any time to go back so I ended up guessing on about 7 I think. Hopefully the curve is in all of our favors!
  • mmigliommiglio Alum Member
    122 karma
    Anyways, long story short it looks like most people found the game to be the curve breaker of the LSAT.

For those of you that completed it without a problem, I congratulate you, excelling is the purpose of this course.
    To the rest of us, I hope we get the scores we set out for ourselves or do better next time. :)

I'll be taking the June LSAT, so I'll see you guys and girls around.
  • Jaguar007Jaguar007 Free Trial Member
    114 karma
    Did you guess the letter B?
  • gilroy.cogilroy.co Alum Member
    3 karma
    This just wasn't my day. I was very optimistic and confident going in to the test and found myself running out of time. Concentration was constantly broken by someone hacking up a lung behind me, as well as coughing proctors who kept opening and closing the squeaky doors. I needed to do well on this test, but realize there is a good chance I will now have to postpone applying because of it. I hope everyone had better luck than I did.
  • natashaxn-1natashaxn-1 Alum Member
    2 karma
    What do people think about how this compared to the December 2013 test? Was this easier, same difficulty, or harder than the December test? The December test had a much more generous curve for the 170 cut-off so I'm trying to gauge if this test should have a similarly generous curve.
  • higdon37higdon37 Alum Member
    edited February 2014 68 karma
    Personally, I found the December '13 RC and LG to be quite easier than the February test. I also feel like December's LR was harder than one of the ones on February's test and about the same or slightly harder than the other one.

I'm full of bias though, as the February test smacked me in the face a few times.
  • tatianarobinson87tatianarobinson87 Alum Member
    2 karma
    Does anyone know how the curve works? Is it per test?
  • chevalierchevalier Alum Member
    7 karma
    Everything happens for a reason guys! Be optimistic and life will treat you good!
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    anyone get there scores yet? my last name is at the end of the alphabet so i haven't gotten mine yet (although i dont know if that's the reason)
  • dwschlossdwschloss Alum Member
    5 karma
    I just got mine. Low 160s. Competitive, but I think I'm going to write again in June.
  • maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
    98 karma
    I got mine just now... UGH .
  • ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    edited March 2014 210 karma
    Wrote this exam and had an anxiety attack during the second section bc this exam was abnormally difficult, ruined the whole pace of the exam. Got my results yesterday…and lets just say, it back to the drawing board.
  • josemartinez725josemartinez725 Free Trial Member
    52 karma
    Yeah, I did every bit as bad as I thought I did. I too had a massive battle with anxiety during the test, and it cost me. Not going to bother writing again, though. I sacrificed too much time already to wait another year.
  • drivestainlessdrivestainless Alum Member
    8 karma
    151 after studying for 3 weeks for 1st time taking this test. Looks like more Ping is in my future. Might also purchase some books (used 7sage exclusively thus far).
  • daniangel509daniangel509 Alum Member
    7 karma
    I studied Jan 1 until the Feb 8 test. My first PT score was 148, no previous exposure to LSAT materials, and I obtained a 160 on the Feb test, to my absolute shock.. I almost did not finish the real game section because I thought it was a joke. There were like a bunch of variables in the circle game!! I never felt comfortable or good with the sections (except the fake game section). Well the improvements I made in a short time, and the grade I managed to pull out with is, of course, all thanks to 7sage. I did not use anything else and really do not have any interest, were I to continue studying. JY recommends at least three months, and I would say that is correct. For me, I am not going to take it again because my gpa/extracurriculars are good enough and it would take up time/money. I don't think standardize reflect intellect, and moreover they do not indicate how good of a lawyer one will be. For others that are looking to improve their grades, however high you want to reach, serious and genuine time spent over the materials and resources on 7sage will get you there. Like JY says, the questions are all the same, and once you see them enough, you recognize them and can spot in seconds the correct answer. The test is beatable, however your success in the future depends on much more that the LSAT can not test-- like curiosity, motivation, drive :) While the laws we have might be "reason free from passion", our desire to defend them, or to seek to improve them, is not necessarily so.