Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank You & Peace Out (for now?)

profile427profile427 Alum Member
in General 213 karma
I got my Oct score last night while waiting for my luggage at the airport. That was fun.

I wanted to say a hearty "thank you" to everyone who kindly responded to my various posts during my six-month stretch of studying on 7Sage.

I earned five more points on my scaled score this time around compared to my rushed Dec 2013 LSAT, so it is true that you can improve your score, even though the experts usually say it's not and that you might actually do worse.

Even though my score isn't HYS-material, I'm going to run with it this time because I have a strong uGPA, leadership history in my industry, and perhaps most importantly - an interesting (hopefully convincing) story to tell about how I can bring more to the healthcare industry as a lawyer and/or compliance leader.

My plan is to apply to Loyola Chicago and probably Chicago Kent, which both either have a certificate or concentration in Health Law. Depending on my fate, maybe I can try to transfer after 1L to get back into the NU system, but then again, they don't have a Health Law concentration. :)

I don't think that cramming for the Dec LSAT will help boost my score by much, and so I'll have to make some tough decisions when it comes to how much funding is offered to me - if/when I get in.

It's been quite the journey, and it's not over yet. Thanks again to all who responded to my cries for help. And best of wishes to all of those shooting for the stars, and to those of us who think that the horizon is plenty fine. :)

Comments

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Congratulations on your success. Best of luck to you in school.
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    Thanks, @"GSU Hopeful"! Best of luck to you, as well. :)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Great job and best of luck! Hope we see you poking around every now and then. :)
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Congrats! Good luck with Health Law; I'm taking a Health Law course. It's very interesting and the field has lots of potential to grow further.