Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference in score

tiiaaa92tiiaaa92 Alum Member
I fully completed the 7sage course and wrote practice tests 59-74 scoring between 158-160 constantly, however, I wrote the October test and failed miserably ( less than 150). while I was writing the October exam I managed to finish all the sections and felt pretty good about the majority of the sections, so the score I received didn't make sense to me, I'm not sure if getting 158-160 was just a fluke or if it is something about test day, Can you give me some tips on how to prepare for December and how I can score better.

Comments

• nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    @tiiaaa92 a couple of questions: do you follow the blind review method to a tee? Did you take those PTs under STRICT time constraints?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @nordeend said:
    Did you take those PTs under STRICT time constraints?
    +1
    7965 karma
    And without potty breaks except at 15 minutes ??
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @tiiaaa92 said:
    158-160 constantly
    This sounds like a weird qualifier. What was your actual no bullshit average from your analytics from before the October LSAT? If these represented the upper range of your scores but you were still getting anywhere from 153-160 then your score on October is not wholly unexpected. I averaged just shy of a 167 before October with a couple 171s in the mix and got a 163 in October which was at the very bottom of my expected range so I know people want to pretend that they're going to hit the high end of their range, but especially on the first go round it is not super realistic.

Just get back to strict timed PTs 2-3 times per week with excellent clean copy BR and try to get inside the mind of the test writers and that should help you out. Also if your score is that low you are likely missing way too many LG so you need to lock that shit up.
  • tiiaaa92tiiaaa92 Alum Member
    20 karma
    Thanks for the replies, my actual no bullshit analytics were159 average, I've been sticking to the timed sections perfectly, without any breaks in between except for the 15 mins, and my strongest section is games with a -3 at the most, I wasn't expecting to hit the highest on my test, because like @Pacifico said I had heard there is a greater chance at hitting the lowest, but the lowest that I hit during my actual October test was nowhere in the range that I had been hitting, It was the score that I received before I even started studying for the LSAT's. I get a clean copy every time for the blind reviews and really focus on them. At this point I'm just wondering if its something with the actual test day that messed me up so much.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Was one section down considerably or was every section down about the same? It could have been simply a catastrophic bubbling error.
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I know people want to pretend that they're going to hit the high end of their range, but especially on the first go round it is not super realistic.
    Word

@DumbHollywoodActor said:
    It could have been simply a catastrophic bubbling error.
    True!!
  • tiiaaa92tiiaaa92 Alum Member
    20 karma
    no it wasn't that I did better or worse on one section and not the rest, I got the same # of questions right throughout each section (which doesn't make sense) I re-did the october test on my own last week and got a 158 on it.