Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games taking me ~12-13 minutes

I have been working on my LG for the last few days, in preparation for the December test. I am now getting to the point where I can get all the questions right on a standard linear game, but it's taking me a minimum of 12 to 13 minutes, and sometimes as much as 15 minutes per game.
I have a hard time seeing how I can increase my speed. For me, the games just require a lot of thought and that takes some time.

Anyone else faced this issue? Right now, 8 minutes per game seems almost impossible. Is it just a matter of practice, and that taking a lot of tests will increase speed?

Comments

• allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    The key to the games is repetition. As you get more practice, you will see the inferences more quickly instead of struggling for them. You must practice like a robot.
    If you're still at the 12 minute mark on simple linear games, I would guess you haven't done the foolproofing method on the LG bundle (all games from PTs 1-35)?? That is really the best way to gain proficiency with the games. This is GOLDEN. If you take 2-3 weeks between now and Dec to foolproof the bundle, you'll probably see a big increase in your games scores. At this point it's probably the thing that is most worth your study time.
    Also, what is your goal score? Have you done the core curriculum? It seems like December might be a pretty unreasonable timeline for you... unless you're happy with current scores?
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    I was in the same boat as you as I imagine most others were. I used powerscore for my initial studying and it was ok but very inefficient with time. However, watching every single video explanation for every single game I've done was by far the most helpful thing I've done so far. Once you see a base and strategy for a style of game it is almost garunteed to come up again in another game later so you can just refer back to it. Now i usually finish the lg section with around 5-6 mins left and go back and check and on average get 0 or -1 at worst. This improvement happened for me from just taking pts and watching the video explanations for every game, even the ones I got perfect. So practice practice practice and let the video explanations reinforce or teach you and your time will improve drastically.