Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dropped Score on recent Prep Tests

I have been doing sections every day (Reasoning, Comprehension, and Games) and getting around a -2 to -5. Granted, many of those sections are repeat sections (sections I have done before but practiced again) but I felt fairly confident in my scores and ability. Today, I took PT 73, and I got a -7 on Comprehension, -6 on Games, and -7 on Reasoning. I cannot believe this. I had felt like that I was performing well on the test. What happened? What can I do to prevent this from happening again?

I feel very confused and frustrated that my individual practice sections are not translating to the practice tests.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Have you taken a PT before? Testing individual sections is not the same as taking PTs. You should have been taking PTs the whole time rather than doing individual sections as you're training for a marathon not a sprint.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2015 3438 karma
    Individual sections are ok to begin with but at some point of time you should start taking full tests... there is imo a good way to do this if you have enough fresh tests left... I'd say at least 9 -10 though it would be better if you had 15 odd do the first 3 - 4 with a 5 minute break between each section & once you are used to plowing through the tests in that manner (i.e. you have the mental endurance), do the next 3 - 4 with a 15 minute break after the 3rd section and then the final section... do your last 7 - 8 with a break after 3 sections with an extra section stitched on after the 4th section to get the feel of a 5 section test... plus, when you take your 5th section from earlier tests, you can take the section you are weakest in so you get extra practice with respect to that section. Remember that the LSAT is as much a test of endurance as it is one of skill.