Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To "Drill" untimed or to "Dril" timed?

michellemoon0708michellemoon0708 Alum Member
edited March 2014 in General 79 karma
Once we have cut out question like JY said and drill, Do you time your self, when drilling these weaknesses?

If not, would you at least start timing these after drilling these to a point where you can usually answer them correctly?

I know this sounds intuitive, but I just want to make sure that people agree with me in that you should master your weaknesses (un-timed) first, before you start drilling these problem sets timed.

Comments

• ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    The latter. Do it untimed, master it and them time yourself. Although i think that if you master it untimed, you’ll be so fast at them that you can just go ahead and time the whole section. At least thats what i did.
  • AlenaLSATAlenaLSAT Alum Member
    182 karma
    I have studies for four months now and don't worry about the time yet. Speed will come with practice. I think you should be naturally fast vs. rushing yourself half-understanding what you are doing.
  • michellemoon0708michellemoon0708 Alum Member
    79 karma
    I'm glad you two agree with me here. Another reason why it should be done un-timed at until you master the set/question is that, essentially that is what JY recommends in his "fool proof strategy" to a perfect LG section. You are timing yourself after you have read the video explanation for a game and are re-doing it as practice/drilling, but finishing all the question correctly (i.e. finding all relevant inferences) is the primary goal and focus, while the timing takes a back seat. So, I think that I can in worst case-scenerio loosely time drilling by not worrying about the time but still getting the benefit of feeling (per say) the time as you do LSAT practice.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I'd agree with @AlenaLSAT. Speed really comes with more understanding. Take your time to review well and integrate the ideas into your thinking. When it becomes natural, you will inevitably be working through questions faster.
  • michellemoon0708michellemoon0708 Alum Member
    79 karma
    Yeah I whole heartedly agree, that worked already for me, but after 18 prep tests and 6 months of studying I feel that now I need to resort to other things to speed up such as consciously pushing my time.