Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Causation strengthening, Causation weakening

When it comes to CAUSATION strengthening and CAUSATION weakening questions, I know how to do them, but I have a hard time determining if causation is in the conclusion, which is needed to approach these questions correctly.

Can some please tell me what to toll for in order to do the correct?

Comments

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    Usually, causation questions are pretty cookie cutter on the exam. For instance, the argument will begin with a correlation/relationship between two things, but then draw a causal conclusion. Key buzzwords that tend to tip you off that the argument is going to make a causal claim are "correlation," "cause," "therefore, the program was effective," "this proves/shows that X is the reason for Y." Things like that. The list is imperfect, and the LSAT is great at obfuscating its intentions, but it's a good start. With more practice, you'll eventually be able to just "see" that the question is causal since so many of them are so similar.
  • aaro.nj1aaro.nj1 Alum Member
    10 karma
    Accounts playable is right, most of the causation weaken/strengthening questions that i have come across draw some correlation between two things and then make a casual conclusion that you either need to best weaken or best strengthen.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    By no means an exhaustive list of indicators:
    caused by
    because of
    responsible for
    reason for
    leads to
    induced by
    promoted by
    determined by
    produced by
    product of
    played a role in
    was a factor in
    is an effect of
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    This is an Achilles' heel of mine - thx for the indicator list @DumbHollywoodActor :)