Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are the Logic Game explanations accurate in description of how easy/hard

2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
in General 248 karma
Basically asking what the title asks, I sometimes find sections that are labeled as 'easy' to be harder than 'hard' ones occasionally, is this based on an algorithm? Further, I find that easy sections sometimes have games that are harder than games I find in medium section ones because of the three relatively easy games, they throw in an extremely difficult one. PT70 comes to mind on Game 3 which isn't that hard when you do it twice, but the rules are very unique imo and hard to see under timed constraints. Thanks!

Comments

• Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    The difficulty level is rated by how 7sagers did on that particular game. Don't worry too much if you think an "easy" game is hard, just focus on doing the game again and again until you master the inferences and can get the time under JY's recommended time!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @Micaela is correct. As with the rest of the difficulty ratings in the analytics, everything is based off of the results that 7Sagers get (or at least enter into the analytics). The more games you go through, the more you will encounter situations in which JY remarks in a video that a game is easy or difficult and the ratings will reflect the opposite of that. Some games just strike him as easier or harder than others relative to the average user's experience, and of course at a certain point you have to begin to factor in the curriculum and the explanations as a contributing factor in how 7Sagers would be performing and how that reflects in the analytics. I think because LG is 7Sage's strong suit it shows up in the tendency for most LG section difficulties to skew towards the easier side, but of course that could just be my own experience based on the PTs I've taken.
  • tamnRNC2tamnRNC2 Alum Member
    58 karma
    Depends on what types of games you find "easy" or "hard." Some test takers like or hate: grouping, multi-layered, or sequencing. Some like many complex rules where they make all the scenarios and deductions upfront, while others prefer games where to have to draw a mini-game for each question.