Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best advice for waitlisted application

kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
in General 697 karma
What are some things that would help me get off the waitlist?

Comments

• Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    I read somewhere that visiting the school & making a good impression in person & showing interest can help.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @kennedybj said:
    What are some things that would help me get off the waitlist?
    Like @Sheri123 said visiting is a good option. Schedule some time to attend a class as well. If they are still having a formal law day or tour sign up for that.

You can also take another LSAT on June if you still have a take left. I know a number of people that retook the LSAT in June 2015 when they were wait listed from their December 2014 score or February 2015 scores. One even went from wait list to full ride based upon their new LSAT score. I am not sure how common that is, but they did go from a December 163 to a 172 in June.

Basically, its important to do whatever you can to show a change in your application package and build relationships. Those seem to be the key to making it off of the wait list.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Aside from the aforementioned ideas and a LOCI I would highly recommend hiring a consultant who specializes in this area if you really want to get into a certain school and are sitting on a WL. Getting off a WL can be all about good timing in terms of interaction with the school and the right consultant can be of significant help in that arena.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    Thanks everyone!