Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planning for the worst... 4th take?

nikdim67nikdim67 Member
edited February 2016 in General 51 karma
If need be, I plan on taking the LSAT for a fourth time.. (depending on feb score)

My first take was in June 2014, since then I've taken it two more times. Will I be able to take it again June 2016? Does that follow the 3 times in 2 years rule? I believe I read it is 2 years from your first write?

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited February 2016 3197 karma
    I believe that is correct, but I would recommend calling the LSAC to confirm your dates, if not an October take should be ok. But call them with your dates and if you can update the site here, I know a few people have asked similar questions recently, so it would help everyone.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    You wouldn't be eligible until October...
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    so does that mean @nikdim67 clock restarts (3x again from October)?
    932 karma
    It's two years per take but they count test release date in that time. I took it three times with February 2014 as my first. I would have retaken on Febraury but I am ineligible until the June 2016. That's the reason I know.
    3197 karma
    Ahhh very helpful! Yeah I heard once a persons 1st was an Oct w/ an October test date and their 4th would have been a Late Sept but they had to wait to Dec but I don't think they clarified it was because of the waiting time, they thought it was the Sept vs Oct. thanks for sharing!!!
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Out of curiosity, how do law schools look at applicants that have taken the LSAT 4 times in 3 years? Do they see that as persistence/hard work and continue to look at the highest score, or do they average it out and think you're crazy?
  • EricW1245EricW1245 Member
    11 karma
    They won't think you're crazy, but many schools average out if you take multiple exams
    932 karma
    The highest score is really the only one that counts at most schools outside of maybe Yale and the odd t-14 school where they preach a "holistic" approach and literally abide by it.
  • nikdim67nikdim67 Member
    51 karma
    Hey everyone, thanks for your replies.

I ended up calling LSAC and they said that I will be eligible to take the June 2016 test!

@stepharizona @7sagelsatstudent180
    3197 karma
    @nikdim67 said:
    I ended up calling LSAC and they said that I will be eligible to take the June 2016 test!

Woohoo!! I am so glad you called! It seems every situation can be unique!
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    Thank you for reporting back! Good luck!