Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who are best admission coaches for JD/MBA programs?

Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
in General 893 karma
I am wondering if anybody can give me their thoughts on the best or most-used admission coaches for applicants who want to do the JD/MBA dual program? I am wondering if each degree program would be a little leery of you because it may come off as not sufficiently committed, etc? I found some US News articles by Shawn O'Connor from Stratus Prep from 2012 but it looks like he does not work there anymore. Appreciate any help.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping this thread so more people see it!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Never seen anyone advertising this directly, but honestly just find a good law school consultant and you'll be fine. All you need to do for business school is crush the GMAT. As a surgeon you'll have more than enough WE but you will have your age working against you at some top schools. I would hit up Spivey and his team and I'm sure they could help you out.
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    @Pacifico Thanks for the thoughts. Does anyone know out there about taking the GRE vs. GMAT? It looks like alot of programs like HSW now take the GRE for business school. Is it harder to crack the JD side of things as opposed to the MBA side?
  • noobie1noobie1 Member
    edited February 2016 266 karma
    Things may have changed since I took the GRE but the version I took was very similar to the SAT. FWIW, I took a GMAT PT cold a few years ago and it was very easy. GRE is a little tougher than the GMAT. LSAT is substantially more difficult than either.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    While many business schools take both, they take the GMAT more seriously as it is their test. Imagine if law schools started accepting the GRE; while they might say it doesn't matter which you take you can be sure they would prefer their test.