Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you do?

Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
in General 893 karma
I put a call into the admission office of a top half T14 school that I am very interested in - just to ask them if they would have any issue with me being on their campus, visiting the library, etc. with all of the various chaos going on nowadays. I am a couple of years away at minimum from applying (which I explained on the phone) so I did not ask to formally meet with anyone senior. The person I talked to was very nice and asked that when I came onto campus to come over to the office because they wanted to meet me and have me talk with the director of the specific program I am interested in. Is it too early??

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    I think you were probably wise to not request that meeting, but if they are inviting you, why not? Wear something nice and thank them profusely for their time.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Hi @"Chipster Study"

I don't think it was necessary to ask permission to have look around the campus, but once they've invited you, it is a great opportunity to learn more about the school, esp. the specific program you are interested in.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah in the future if you just want to visit without meeting them you can just go anonymously and it won't "count" as a visit or anything like that (i.e.- no engagement during and no follow up required). But now that you have been invited I would take them up on it since it could be the start of a deep rapport building with the school so that by the time you apply you are well known to them and are looked upon even more favorably as someone with genuine interest.