Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for Grouping Games

JRRLDG808JRRLDG808 Alum Member
edited June 2013 in Logic Games 49 karma
I have been doing a good amount of practicing with logic games this past week or so and I been noticing that grouping games with more than two groups have been giving me a lot of trouble. Is there any way to approach them without having to resort to creating a sub-diagram for each question?

Comments

• Mark TenorioMark Tenorio Free Trial Member
    edited June 2013 299 karma
    Hey Jerrald,

It still depends largely on the game whether or not you have to resort to sub-diagramming. If you find spots where stuff like either A or B must go in this slot, then you would make sub-diagrams for each and see if that affects the other rules.

If a question asks you to put C in group 3, how does that affect the rest of the variables? Almost all the time something triggers or is an "eye-opener".

Other than that, I would keep doing the LG method guide. It took me about 2-3 months and everyday of drilling to go through grouping games like water.
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    302 karma
    For grouping games with a lot of elements, always keep track of how many elements are in play and how many are not.
    Creating limitations this way will be very useful.
    Also, if the games have sub categories, it is helpful to figure out possible combinations beforehand.
    For eg, 2-1-1, 3-0-1 etc.