Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Berkeley Law School Dean Resigns After Admitting "Inappropriate Contact" in Sexual Harassment Suit

Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
in General 893 karma
Of course, he said that even though he repeatedly pawed her it wasn't actually sexual harassment. Yeah, right, in your mind it was okay.

Comments

• IPmummySFIPmummySF Alum Member
    73 karma
    I was at Berkeley's ASW today. The Chancellor came to address the admits, and many faculty members showed up too. A large number of current students lined outside the auditorium, and some handed out papers stating their demands to the school (e.g., for the school to fire the former dean). Overall, I thought the damage was controlled well, and the faculty and administration seem sincere in wanting to learn from this episode.
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    Well, right now he is still a faculty member. Talk about C and F issues that Berkeley might judge prospective students on. I wonder if they would they ever admit someone who was guilty of sexual harassment? I think the majority of law students at B. are women.
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    Oh get this. Provost says he did not fire him because he doesn't want to ruin the career of the Dean. Meanwhile 2 other women have come forward. The lady who filed suit is being forced out and looking for another job.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited March 2016 3197 karma
    @"Chipster Study" said:
    The lady who filed suit is being forced out and looking for another job.
    From an HR perspective (well and legal as well) that would be considered retaliation and would have even more serious consequences against Berkeley. As retaliation is an extremely serious EEOC violation (on top of a Sexual Harassment and Hostile Work Environment claim). California even has more stringent policies when it comes to employment
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited March 2016 12637 karma
    Berkeley needs to be stopped.