Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will lsat score be averaged?

Katherine-2Katherine-2 Member
in General 97 karma
Does law school look at average lsat scores if I took more than one test? I knew that ABA changed the rules to only evaluating highest scores, and my tutor didn't say anything about average scores, so even though I didn't do well in this Feb test, I still didn't cancel my grades since it's my first time. But now I heard my friends all cancelled their grades and said they'll look at average. OMG! and I googled it but people's views differ. Can anyone give me a definite answer? I'm super worried.... Thanks!!

Comments

• kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    They only care about your highest score
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    yup! I'd be in a lot of trouble if they didn't. They only care about your highest score unless you're talking about Yale of course.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    The highest score is what matters.

NYU is one of the only school that implies they average. But they, like Columbia, Yale, Harvard, all say they will evaluate all of your scores as a part of your application. Keep in mind it is in the best interest of the schools to take the highest score you have and not to average.

Also about the cancellations, if you have multiple cancellations for the very top schools that can also be a detriment.

But please don't stress many people have multiple takes and varying scores. If there was a huge difference and something that impacted your performance for the LSAT you could write an addenda to explain the variance, but that's going into a different topic.
  • Katherine-2Katherine-2 Member
    97 karma
    Thanks guys! But if you look at the information given by law schools (you can refer to this website http://www.velocitylsat.com/resources/law-school-multiple-lsat-score-policies ), it looks like almost all schools indicate that they won't just look at highest scores.)
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    I have many personal anecdotes that support the stance that they only look at highest score. My friend's 155(first lsat) and 168(second lsat) and multiple t14 acceptances with $ are clear support for that.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    What schools say they do or care about is not the same as what they actually do or care about. Hell look at Law School Transparency to see how different the reality of employment prospects is from what schools say it is.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    LSAT scores are a big factor in determining a school’s ranking, and the highest score is the only one that matters for that. So they do have strong motivation to overlook weaker scores when deciding when to make someone an offer or not.