Advice Pls? avoiding burnout + settling my nerves

BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
in General 1706 karma
OKAY. So.

I'm taking in June; I've been studying for about a year and a half. I don't want to do so much over the next few weeks as to burnout, but also I want to feel like I'm not letting myself get rusty (this increases my anxiety which is bad for lots of reasons too). I still have about 8 PTs left, which I'm not sure I'll be able to get to. I obviously know not to expect any major score increases; that's not what I'm going for. I just want to stay consistent and steady.

Anyone have a magic formula as to how much time I should be spending each day/week? Anyone who has taken and burnt out, what would you suggest I definitely avoid doing? (I've already stopped drinking alcohol - btw)

Is doing 1 drill 3 times a week (3 drills total with BR) + 1 PT on weekends & BR too much? Am I going to burn out on this schedule? Help my nerves are bad. <3 yall

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I would try to strategically schedule a break some time soon. Walk away for a week. Allow yourself to break your rules. Have a beer. Recharge and go into the home stretch refreshed and revitalized. Once you're back, I think your proposed plan sounds perfect. Also, start syncing your daily routine. Get to bed by 10, wake up at 6, whatever you plan to do the day of/night before the test, start doing it so that you're in rhythm on test day.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I just took 2 weeks off; I only started back on Monday. Did I mess up?
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    I think drills that are closer to warm-ups will be helpful - I would suggest taking a half section of each type every day, even if you use old repeats.
    I would stay in the 1-2 PTs/wk range (1 or 0 the week before you test), with quality BR. Take care of your body, exercise, sleep, eat good fats and proteins, and do positive self-talk (cheesy but important).
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    You did not mess up!! At this point, you've done all of the consequential work. You are going to get this!!!
    27809 karma
    Yeah, sounds like you're doing everything just right! I think your break was perfectly timed.
    1706 karma
    Cool. Thanks y'all. It's a strange catch-22 when you spend a long time prepping for this test huh? On the one hand, you're like 'ok yeah cool i'm ready' and on the other hand, you're like 'omg i have invested so much into this i need to do everything perfectly *has panic attack - dies*"
    27809 karma
    Ha! Yeah, I think this is something every serious LSAT student can relate to @BruiserWoods ! You got this!
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    On the one hand, you're like 'ok yeah cool i'm ready' and on the other hand, you're like 'omg i have invested so much into this i need to do everything perfectly *has panic attack - dies*"
    My life exactly. Sending good vibes your way @BruiserWoods!
    1706 karma
    Thanks @Micaela_OVO ! same to you <3
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    At this point, you want to avoid psyching yourself out while simultaneously not dropping the ball. In other words, if you take a PT and score 2 or 3 points below your average, you'll probably freak out.
    I think it would be best to keep drilling for the next week or two. You can even take a PT each weak, up until 2 weeks before the test. Don't go nuts though. By now you've learned all that you're going to learn before June. Your goal now should be not to drop the ball.