Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Much Studying 4-2 Weeks Out?

Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
edited May 2016 in General 1650 karma
What does everyone think about study time at this point? Obviously I know there's a big difference between quantity vs quality, I just really want to make the best use of these next two weeks knowing that I'll need to taper down during the last two weeks or so.

At this point, drilling timed sections/good BR between my PTs seems to be the most effective use of time..but I could be wrong here because 4 timed sections might as well be a PT. I know burnout is deadly (October '15 me could tell you all about it), but I want to squeeze out my last bit of progress in these next 2 weeks and leave it all out on the field.

What are the best strategies in these next 2 weeks to potentially get those last few points of improvement- Timed sections? Just PTs and super thorough BR? or Isolating any identifiable weak spots?

Thanks in advance for any advice or perspectives!

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    I did a timed section a day and honed in on my habits. Video yourself taking sections if you can and then analyze. Now is the time to be tightening up all the excellent habits you've established. And then I would say 1 or 2 PT's a week. And BR calls to keep your spirits up :)
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Thanks Nicole!

I've never taped myself LSATing before..what exactly does that help with? Seeing where I spin my wheels/flip flop on answer choices?

And should I position the camera facing me or above like in JYs timed videos?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    like in JYs timed videos?
    Like this :) Helps to see where you're losing time and whatnot :D
    1650 karma
    Got it, thanks again!
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I've been doing a full PTon Saturday and a full PT on Sunday with 3 full, timed drills during the weeknights. My BR has gotten pretty skimpy because I really only have to BR 10 or fewer questions per test (2-4 per section).

Anyway. I've been kinda wondering when/how to taper down. I don't feel burnout yet. But I also had taken a little over 2 weeks off about 2 weeks ago.
    edited May 2016 1650 karma
    @BruiserWoods

3 full timed drills as in 3 sections per week night? That sounds like quite a bit of studying, but if you're comfortable with it, do what works for you.

However, I'd be weary of full PTs Saturday and Sunday..I think BR is more important than pumping out the PTs, especially at this point in the process.

Regardless, if you keep on the plan you're doing, keep your mind off the scores you're getting. Any time you don't do super awesome, you might become overly frustrated/anxious, and keep taking PTs in rapid succession just to see a score that validates your progress. That's where my cycle of burnout last fall happened.
    1706 karma
    nooooooooooooooo 1 per night lmaoooo. I do *1* drill per weeknight. Like 1 section. and sometimes, if i'm tired, i don't.
    1706 karma
    @"Ron Swanson"
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    think BR is more important than pumping out the PTs
    I agree with this, but 1. sat and sun are my only days that i have time to do full pts and my BR for each full PT takes less than an hour at this point because i'm just really confident with most of my answers. As I'm getting better at the LSAT, the BR time is going down.
    1650 karma
    @BruiserWoods gotcha, makes a lot more sense now and seems like a solid plan for these next few weeks
    1706 karma
    i can't do 3 drills per night good lord. I'm the best, but I'm not on that level hahhah @"Ron Swanson"
  • hlsat180hlsat180 Free Trial Member
    edited May 2016 362 karma
    I think any glide path should consider (a) building/sustaining endurance, and (b) honing down weaknesses.

Endurance consists of taking 5 sections (added fifth section depends on your section weakness) under simulated test conditions. Honing down weaknesses means BR -then- reviewing and drilling. I recommend a good balance is 1 test every 3 days, which allows sufficient time to BR/drill/recover without burning out.

Remember: Like in any good workout program, the improvements are made during the Recovery phase:)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    I'm the best
    So you admit it!
    1706 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" HAHAHAHAHA TOUCHEEEEEEEE. #busted #lawyered