Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where do I start?

kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
in General 208 karma
Hello,
I am new to LSAT, but have a dream of being a lawyer. I have bought the LSAT Bibles, and will be buying the 7Sage starter program. I am just confused on where to start? I have read that people have used the Bibles and 7sage together? How? I am needing about a 10-15 point increase from my diagnostic. I will be sitting for the September test. Which approach should I use? Does 7Sage map out a study plan? I am sorry for all the questions, I am just a bit lost right now.

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 2424 karma
    I would start with the 7sage curriculum. Start taking practice tests after you're done and BR to understand your points of weakness. If you need to polish on certain concepts and think you can benefit from a second source I think that where the bibles can come in. I would recommend using the LSAT Trainer over the bibles though. Hope that helps!
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    @Alejandro said:
    I would start with the 7sage curriculum. Start taking practice tests after you're done and BR to understand your points of weakness. If you need to polish on certain concepts and think you can benefit from a second source I think that where the bibles can come in. I would recommend using the LSAT Trainer over the bibles though. Hope that helps!
    Yes.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    What @Alejandro said. Whatever you do, don't try to study using books and 7Sage concurrently. If 7Sage doesn't work for you (and I don't know why it wouldn't!) then read The Trainer.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I’ve used the bibles and 7Sage both, and I’ll just say this: The bibles did a great job of getting me into the 160s, and a horrible job of getting me out. 7Sage got me into the 170s. If I could start again with what I know now, I’d just have gone with 7Sage from the beginning.

And yes, 7Sage does give you a study plan. It will generate a schedule of exactly what you need to do each week in order to finish the curriculum and take practice tests before your test date. It does a great job of breaking down an overwhelming task into manageable pieces. The curriculum itself is unrivaled in explaining the logic upon which the test is built on, the analytics give you the power of big data to break down your performance and identify your weaknesses, and the wealth of knowledge and support from the community has been, for me, absolutely essential. Welcome to 7Sage!
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Its been covered above, but start with 7Sage and go through it in its entirety. If you are still having some difficulty or there are blind spots, pick up a copy of the Trainer and go through it. They complement each other nicely, but not together. Word of caution... do not start PTing until you have mastered the fundamentals. No use in wasting precious material that you don't have to. If it means postponing, so be it. Best of luck with everything.
  • kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
    208 karma
    Thank you so much! I have one final question. I will be buying the 3 month access, but the test is not for 4 months. Can I buy a one month access or how should I handle this? thanks!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Yes, you can buy extensions and add on for as long as you need.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Thanks for this thread! very useful info :)