How to Focus on LR + RC?

aleun62aleun62 Free Trial Member
edited May 2016 in General 76 karma
I've reached the point where I consistently score -0/-1 (-1 is usually due to carelessness, if anything) on LG. How do people suggest I shift my attention more to LR and RC without faltering on LG? (FYI, I have been mainly doing older LGs, like in the 30s-40s. When do they get more 'mainstream', i.e. less experimental?)

Do I PT and add LR/RC as my fifth and/or sixth sections? Should I drill? Is it advisable for me to do 4 or 5 of the same sections in one go (with a break in between)? Should I be focusing on LG in addition to the sections I do during PTs? Any other ideas?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Well, how have you studied for LR so far?
  • aleun62aleun62 Free Trial Member
    edited May 2016 76 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" With both LR and RC, I've been primarily studying them through PTs. I might do specific sections once in a while, but I don't have a set schedule or strategy. I wanted to get LG out of the way since it's the easiest to improve on. (I studied last summer albeit lazily, whereas this summer, I am doing much more thorough BR and I picked up studying in the beginning of May)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Well first, stop taking PTs!! Your PTs are an extremely valuable and finite resources, and you must study logic before using them. I highly recommend the 7Sage curriculum for this, but even the worst prep books are better than nothing. I think it's smart not to set a schedule- you're ready when you're ready. But do develop some type of strategy.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @aleun62 said:
    Do I PT and add LR/RC as my fifth and/or sixth sections?
    Sure!
    @aleun62 said:
    Should I drill?
    Drilling is usually "meh" after you've already learned question type-specific strategies. At worst, it's a way for you to reinforce bad habits.

@aleun62 said:
    Should I be focusing on LG in addition to the sections I do during PTs?
    Sounds like LG is on point ... Wouldn't worry too much unless data from later tests indicates otherwise?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @aleun62 said:
    Any other ideas?
    Come to webinars, watch webinar videos, and request additional webinars on topics you're interested in :)