Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR Approach

LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
edited June 2016 in General 592 karma
Hey team,

Wanted some input on the optimum time to conduct a BR session. Do you find it more beneficial to BR an hour or two after you PT, or is it more effective if you wait to BR the following day? Since I'm a re-taker I'm cutting ZERO corners this time around, at the same time, I know for BR to work you need to be very meticulous and disciplined during review. I know this process, however rewarding it may be, is still taxing. What approaches did you take to properly PT/BR in conjunction with drilling your weaknesses whilst avoiding burn out?

Thanks
Happy Saturday!

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Do what works for you. At the end of the day, it probably won't make much of a difference. Personally, I BR immediately after the PT. BRing while the material is still fresh helps quite a bit. The point of BR is to determine where your weaknesses lay. To do so, you need to know exactly what you were thinking when you chose a correct or incorrect answer, and when you eliminated correct or incorrect answer choices. This is easily achieved if you BR right after taking a PT.
    Here's what I do:
    1) Take PT then BR.
    2) Use both PT and BR to determine what I need to work on.
    3) Work on those things for the next 2-3 days.
    4) Take a day off at least once every 2 weeks.

Rinse and repeat.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I would usually do immediately. But sometimes that couldn't work because I was just spent and couldn't focus. I didn't find it made a huge difference - it just depends on what you want your schedule to look like.
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    592 karma
    Thanks for the tips @BruiserWoods and @MrSamIam , just wrapped one up a couple of hours after I PT'd. I think you're both right, it's best to do it right as soon as you finish the PT. #dulynoted
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @LARamsNation Awesome! You could always try BRing the next morning. I'm almost certain it won't make much of a difference. But, if BRing right after the PT is an option, take it.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    I usually end up BRing next day. It just depends on how I'm feeling. My priority is maximizing mental clarity, and PTs are obviously really draining. If you can stay fresh and sharp after a PT, go for it. If you need to hold off to recharge, no worries.
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    I try to BR the LR sections a few hours after the PT. And then the LG + RC the next day.