Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I Cancel?

PennyroyalQueenPennyroyalQueen Free Trial Member
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here on 7Sage. I have been reading a lot of the forum posts, hoping to find an answer to my question but I couldn't, so here it is. I took the June 2016 Administration of the LSAT and I am in need of opinions on whether or not I should cancel my score, as today is the last day to do so.

Some background on my situation:
I first took the LSAT during the middle of my junior year in college, December 2014. I had not prepared at all and knew next to nothing about the test and so just registered and took it. Based on the fact that I knew nearly nothing at all about the LSAT and the rigor it demands, my score was not surprising, and I scored an abysmal 138. I took this as a learning experience, however, and decided to study after I completed my final year of undergrad. I graduated with a 3.86 GPA in May 2015 and I was proud to have earned that, but I knew it was time to buckle down for the LSAT. Beginning during the first week of July, I began to study using the Powerscore LG Bible. It helped me gain a nice foundation for logic games but it didn't put me over the edge, in terms of mastering them. I studied on and off like this for months... signed up for the December 2015 LSAT and I ended up withdrawing because my biggest fear was/is wasting my GPA and accepting a mediocre LSAT score.

I got a tutor during the last week of January 2016 and began to see major improvements in my logic games. It was incredible. I should say also, that I partnered my tutoring with 7Sage's free logic games video explanations and my score sky-rocketed! I had gone from getting only 8 correct in a section, to consistently getting no less than 17 correct in a section and climbing! With this success, I decided to sign up for the June 2016 Administration. As the test got closer, however, I noticed that I was peaking at scores of mid-to-high 150's. This was NOT anywhere near my goal of 170+ but I was convinced to take the test anyway, after I learned that multiple takes were not going to kill me.

I sat for the test and came out of there feeling defeated. I found that the games section was very doable but I found myself running out of time. Then my reasoning sections were touch and go, they truly were a blur to me. My reading comp (my weakest section) was tough but I found myself blanking on my second RC section (which luckily turned out to be the experimental section). Overall, I found myself completely guessing for at least the last 10 questions of every single section, and that being said, I don't think I had good accuracy when it came to the questions I actually got to attempt. This made me feel extremely uneasy, following the test.

Now, ever since this past Tuesday morning, I've been wrestling with the idea of whether or not to cancel. I already have a 138 (December 2014) on file, and then am risking having this other miserable score on file (June 2016). I am without a doubt sitting for the test again and am planning to sign up for 7Sage's curriculum, since they've helped my LG significantly.

My biggest worry is that I'll have to explain 2 miserable scores and then have that third out-of-the-park score. I am aware that most schools will only use my highest score to evaluate me as a candidate, but I can't help but think that 2 bad scores will hurt me, as opposed to having a poor score, a cancel, and then the high score.

What should I do?

Thanks for reading, if you've read this far and I apologize for the long post.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    May as well see how far you've come. I wouldn't cancel. And I wouldn't even sign up for another administration until you're actually ready.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    And I wouldn't even sign up for another administration until you're actually ready.
    Amen.
  • PennyroyalQueenPennyroyalQueen Free Trial Member
    50 karma
    Thank you both for your input, I appreciate it.