Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starter Pack Success?

SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
edited June 2016 in General 11542 karma
I barely see anyone on here with the Starter pack except maybe one or two of us lol. How much of a disadvantage am I putting myself under compared to even a premium course? I am enjoying my experience thus far and my diagnostic was in the 140s. Level-headed thoughts, please? Anyone on here successfully make their way to 165+ with the Starter course?

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    Haha you are right there are few of us with the Starter pack. I too had a first diagnostic in the 140s and I am aiming for a 175. I've improved my score by more than 25pts despite not going through the entire course yet. I am currently testing at or around 165 and I am studying to increase my score by at least 10 more points.

Depending on your previous exposure to other prep materials and access to LSAT tests, the Starter pack can be sufficient to get a competitive LSAT score (with an upgrade you still need to purchase the prep tests). If you are disciplined and need the fundamental lessons on lawgic and question types that J.Y. teaches along with 10 full test explanations to get you going, purchasing additional tests and drilling will be enough. If you need or want more test explanations J.Y. style, then definitely upgrade to get all the test explanations (I've considered the LSAT Ultimate+ to get the 70s tests, but I have been able to understand and correct my mistakes on a more recent test). If you have good BRs and can assess your mistakes and understand why and when you get questions wrong, then upgrading could be something you can forgo. LSAT Hacks has free explanations for all the question types for PTs 29 to 77 here-- lsathacks.com/explanations/ While the LSAT Hacks explanations are no where near as thorough and sassy as J.Y. explanations, they have been a great help to me in explaining why answers are wrong and they also have RC passage analysis.

The good thing is that you can upgrade at any time. I planned to upgrade but decided against it because of what I learned through other test prep books (Power Score and the LSAT Trainer) before starting 7sage. Additionally, 7sage provides so many resources for free. The community here has also been amazingly helpful with all the free webinars, office hours, and BR groups. Why don't you see how you do with the Starter pack and upgrade if or when you need additional J.Y. test explanations to improve your score? I hope that helps!
  • kazrahkazrah Alum Member
    158 karma
    I found the Starter to be quite effective by itself; Been able to improve my score 10 points with the Starter pack to a170. I've managed to PT that score a few times but I'm waiting on June results to see if I scored it, and if I didn't then I will likely upgrade to Ultimate and shoot for even higher.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited June 2016 11542 karma
    @nessa.k13.0 @kazrah Solid advice from the both of you and many congrats on your success with this course thus far! 7sage truly is a beast isn't it? I know not everyone will have a similar experience and I'm not using your success as guarantee for my success, but I like to see who is/was in the same boat as me and flourished. It's just a motivator and something I can use to fall back on if I feel down about myself. Honestly, I've been on this LSAT journey since late 2014, and have taken a horrible princeton review course to start things off. Then I took a half year off and began studying again for 2 months using the Bibles and LSAT Trainer. Sad to say I wasn't fully focused on either and rushed through the material, I barely took PTs to add to this horrible story haha. I guess that works in my favor though cuz now I still have fresh PTs in my possession. I pretty much have PTs 7-72, thank God. I increased my score by a few points (I would like to attribute this to the free Logic Games provided by 7sage<3) for the Feb '15 LSAT but it simply wasn't enough for me to apply to law schools with a content mind which lead me to give a 7sage course a try, and boy am I glad I did. It all happened by coincidence that I decided to check out the discussion section of this site a few months back and I fell in love haha. I'm just hoping for the best, this will be my 3rd time around taking the LSAT so I don't think I have much chances after this; and that's why I refuse to take it again until I am fully content with my knowledge of the material and my mastery of taking the test under timed conditions. Hoping for the best for me, for you, and everyone else on this crazy journey.
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 4141 karma
    @montahar Definitely, 7sage is by far the single best LSAT prep company I've used! Thanks, I'm glad it helped. Yep I too started in 2014 using Powerscore then stopped for a year and started with the Trainer then 7sage. Yeah the discussion section here is such a great well of awesome info! I plan on taking the test in Sept and I feel way more confident about it now than I did before taking the Dec2015 test. YEP-- I've heard it is a good idea to keep the LSAT takes at 3 or below. Thanks for the wishes and I hope you get the score you need and into the schools you want to go to!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I made a 169 on the June 2016 LSAT and had the starter the whole time until about 2 weeks before I took the test. My diagnostic was a 151/152 (i don't exactly remember)