Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review Specifics

Lukas K.Lukas K. Member
in General 13 karma
Hey everyone!

I am about to take the June 2007 prep test as a diagnostic and came across a comment by someone that was unanswered but that I also didn't know the answer to and am wondering myself.

"I have taken the LG section in this PT before although I only have a vague memory of the majority of the games. Should I re-take this PT?

Also, how much time should you leave between taking a full-length timed PT and blind reviewing it? Should you only give yourself enough time to go get some food, or wait to review it the next day? Lastly, should you review the PT all at once, or just as much as you can handle?

I know these questions seem silly, but I am really trying to develop good habits and stick to them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!"

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    Not silly at all. Good blind review habits are really important.

First, I think it's probably okay to take this test again, or you can just use a different test for your diagnostic. Just understand that your score might be a little inflated for a retake.

As for the time between PT and BR, somewhere between after a good break and the next day. I start after taking a break and then usually end of finishing the next day.

Also, make sure to write out your reasoning. This will really force you to achieve understanding. Break down the stimulus. Identify the question type. Break down each answer choice. And explain why each answer choice is either right or wrong.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    All really good questions. You can still use the June '07 test if you would like. I would still recommend using a different test. I'm assuming you haven't started the curiculum? If not, PT 35 will do in a pinch - that way you're not wasting any of your precious PTs 36-77.

The amount of time between taking your PT and BRing will depend on how you're feeling. If a 15-30 minute lunch break is sufficient, and you're feeling up to it, start BRing. If you're feeling mentally exhausted, take as much time off as you need. As a general rule of thumb, I would try BRing right after the PT + meal break. Or, at least start by the following morning.

When you first start off, you're going to find it incredibly difficult to review a PT "all at once." You'll likely have far too many questions, games, and passages circled to complete in a day. Do as much as you can, get some rest, and start again the next day.
    Plenty of people go from doing 3-day long BRs, to 1 day BRs - simply because they start mastering the LSAT and the number of circled questions is reduced greatly.
  • Lukas K.Lukas K. Member
    13 karma
    Thank you so much for the help! I feel a lot better now!